if you want to apply for external uni transfer, does uac examine your overall wam or just the most recent wam from your most recent uni? (1 Viewer)

cloudyair

HSC
N/A
If I’m studying at USYD and I want to do an internal transfer but I’m unable to due to a low Wam. Is the best solution, is to do external transfer out to another uni? And then transfer back into the course I want to at USYD? Or what over options do i have?

And if so, would UAC just base the results into my new uni. Or would it also take into consideration of the marks I’ve acquired at USYD previously to calculate if I would get an offer or not? does scaling matter or not? eg. certain unis? certain electives?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
You could attempt an internal transfer to a different course at USyd, perform well in that course, and then transfer to your desired course internally again. However, this would mean studying an unrelated degree, which would likely undermine recognition of prior learning and in turn force you to start your desired course at an unnecessarily early point. Based on this, attempting an external transfer to a related course at a different university, performing well in that course, and subsequently transferring to the equivalent course at USyd would be a better course of action, especially since it is more likely for USyd to recognise your previous studies in a similar course at a different university compared to an unrelated course.

In terms of your UAC application, it depends on the documents that you provide. If you believe that your studies at USyd may be helpful in receiving an offer, you may wish to include relevant documents in addition to those from your studies at the other university. If not, you may wish to solely include relevant documents from your studies at the other university. Essentially, USyd will only consider your university results if you have completed at least one year of full-time study (or part-time equivalent). Regarding particular calculations and adjustments that may be applied in certain units (such as scaling), USyd would consider your final marks for the units that you have completed, that is after such calculations/adjustments have been applied.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)