• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If you have a second chance... (1 Viewer)

HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
trust me it is poorly written (if not poorly edited).
For example, in the section describing the role of the high court with regard to criminal justice system, there is only one brief sentence that is relevant to the topic. The rest of that paragraph is actually talking about CIVIL LAW which had nothing to do with criminal law whatsoever. The whole text books is conjured by vaguely written words that sound flamboyent (cant spell) yet mean absolutely nothing like our Advanced English syllabus. I always feel the text book was composed by a bunch of so-called educational professors from some petty universities who are wearing heavy spetacles whilst having no experience in neither teaching nor legal profession at all. In other word, it is a textbook written for the people to make money, not for the students to excell in HSC.

If by any chance you can see your teacher, please punch him/her in the face for all the students who have been misled, disadvantaged and jeopardised by his mumble-jumble legal bullshxt.
Lol he wrote the World Order section and he is a brilliant and well accomplished teacher. I'm pretty sure you're just really stupid and are shit at legal studies.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I'd drop Earth and Enviornmental Science and do Biology.

runnable

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Lol he wrote the World Order section and he is a brilliant and well accomplished teacher. I'm pretty sure you're just really stupid and are shit at legal studies.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: If you have a second chance...

man if i could not do english and just do general math + 4u math, i'd be stoked.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 回复: Re: If you have a second chance...

haha to the OP actually you would need to do some sort of legal studies if you have take up accounting in uni if you want a cpa or a ca. thouogh llike all hsc subjects, it is definately is not enough to pass first year uni. and also it jus places you in the right mindset when your doing business law in uni.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

tommykins said:
man if i could not do english and just do general math + 4u math, i'd be stoked.
lol i wud too.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

almost did
was going to do french

no longer praise god

Kalashnikov47

HSC
i-love-maynard said:
Sorry but I do not have the honourable pleasure to study the "world order" section your beloved legal studies teahcer has written. I studied the "Consumer" and "Family" sections, which are the most popular ones.

Last edited:

Kalashnikov47

HSC
Eclipse008 said:
You sir, are an idiot. You can't rely on one text book for any subject. You will always find areas which are lacking in text books, this is why you buy multiple. Stop having a whinge and go to the library and borrow another textbook if it bothers you so much.

And you can't blame anyone but yourself for not being aware of the low scaling of legal studies. This information was always readily available.
Thank you very much for calling me a "sir", yet I am a bit offended by your remark. I definitely have not relied solely on my textbook, I have done research on legal issues using the Austlii website and other book, I also own a Macquarie study guide and two other focus-study revision book.

I think it doesnt take an expert to find out whether a textbook is good or not, the Cambridge textbook certainly isnt HSC-orientated citing its outdated (sometimes, contradictory) information and lack of content for exam revision. In fact, I learned much more about legal studies from the Macquarie revision guide than the Cambridge textbook.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
Eclipse008 said:
You sir, are an idiot. You can't rely on one text book for any subject. You will always find areas which are lacking in text books, this is why you buy multiple. Stop having a whinge and go to the library and borrow another textbook if it bothers you so much.

And you can't blame anyone but yourself for not being aware of the low scaling of legal studies. This information was always readily available.
Just to take on your phrase "this information (on the low scaling of Legal Studies) was always readily available".

First, I am dubious about your definition of what should be considered "readily available" information. Acknowledgibly, legal studies scales low is a consensus fact, and I had no intention to ignore it when I had my subject selection back in year 10. However, documents on how the scaling works or which subject is considered "scaling down" are virtually absent from any easily accessible OFFICIAL sources, namely the Board of Studies and University Access Commission websites. I am sure, also, that most of the students (including you) obtained information on the scaling of Legal Studies from words of mouth, regardless if these words are from teachers or other students.

Second, the consensus "fact" that legal studies is a poor scaling subject is not always immuned from disagreements. I asked a question about scaling for Legal Studies in my recent thread ( http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=182992). The divergence of opinions expressed in those replies merely shows the tip-of-iceberg of how much we are unfamiliar with the courses we are undertaking. The severity of the problem, I consciously remind everyone, really says something about the transparency of the BOS information espcially with regard to the scaling of subjects.

Last edited:

SimonLee13

HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
Just to take on your phrase "this information (on the low scaling of Legal Studies) was always readily available".

First, I am dubious about your definition of what should be considered "readily available" information. Acknowledgibly, legal studies scales low is a consensus fact, and I had no intention to ignore it when I had my subject selection back in year 10. However, documents on how the scaling works or which subject is considered "scaling down" are virtually absent from any easily accessible OFFICIAL sources, namely the Board of Studies and University Access Commission websites. I am sure, also, that most of the students (including you) obtained information on the scaling of Legal Studies from words of mouth, regardless if these words are from teachers or other students.

Second, the consensus "fact" that legal studies is a poor scaling subject is not always immuned from disagreements. I asked a question about scaling for Legal Studies in my recent thread ( http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=182992). The divergence of opinions expressed in those replies merely shows the tip-of-iceberg of how much we are unfamiliar with the courses we are undertaking. The severity of the problem, I consciously remind everyone, really says something about the transparency of the BOS information espcially with regard to the scaling of subjects.
Get the scaling details on the year where BOS got sued for that info. Closest thing you get actually. I remember legal studies, the average mark gets halved?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL stop whingeing about scaling. in the end if you do well enough in a subject you will get a good uai. if you do shit...you ar always gonna get a crap uai. live with it.

i know someone who did all these low scaling subjects and managed a 98.XX uai...like

general math
ancient history
legal ummm cant remember what else. but it wasnt anything scaling

and if you must know...the person who sued was lazarus

and yes i did legal for my hsc

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Honestly, I might like for 2007 to rebegin, such that I could get a second chance at (edit) all things; avoiding things I want to, bettering things where I can, but whatever happens to the time-space continuum?

Sorry, I lost faith and hope in science fiction. :-/
Edit: I liked my naivety and all that jazz.
Good old days, huh?

To think that they're implementing mandatory maths some time, or thinking about it.

I'm sorry to crash this thread full of hopes and dreams, and whatever, but Christ, shut the hell up and study for the HSC of the now and imminent future.
really? didn't they take out mandatory maths a good few years ago.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think that was the old hsc back in 99

but seriously everyone...just go study and do your best. worry about the uai later. there is more than enough time for that

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
If I had another chance tonight
I'd try to tell you that the things we had were right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)