If you could go back to... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Year 10, when you chose your subjects for yrs 11 & 12, would you change anything? If so what and why?:)

I would have:

- Dropped out in yr 10

- Gone to Tafe to do accounting for 2 years

-Transfer into Uni to do business law without the stress and hassle of the fucking hsc.

- I would've ended up in uni at the same time even if i did my hsc without having to aim for such a high uai!

Then again i didn't know this option was available till recently. My parents wouldn't have let me drop out anyway so in that case i wouldn't have picked math. The worst decision i've made. I can't believe i almost picked 3 unit in yr 11. :eek:

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I would most definitely do Biology instead of the dreaded IPT which now I regret choosing.
I am scientifically inclined at heart.

At the beginning of Year 11 I should have thoroughly studied Plane & Circle Geometry completely, but now I suffer when I meet those topics in Maths exams.

I would also encourage any kid going into Year 11 to do Physics.
I didn't even intervene and this year's 2008 Physics class in my school is almost full.
Awesome.

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
i would have picked music instead of german......

and, that's basically all i would change.

i'm pretty happy with my subjects right now. :)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Argh if I could go back ...
I would`ve tried a LOT harder.

Been acting as though something`s been jammed up my ass and haven`t studied that hard :(

I woulda picked bio instead of ext eng ><" ; but i dropped ext last week.

jirwin

HSC
i would have looked at doing a subject outside of school. as i wish i had done I.T, SDD and Business Studies. i wouldn't have done CAFS

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
Argh if I could go back ...
I would`ve tried a LOT harder.

Been acting as though something`s been jammed up my ass and haven`t studied that hard :(

I woulda picked bio instead of ext eng ><" ; but i dropped ext last week.
Same here!!! I didn't care at all in year 11...because i knew it didnt count, but im pretty sure that if i had maintained a good study habit from early on i would be able to stop myself from procrastinating so much. My marks are pretty good though but i cant get the uai i want with my marks...lol my uai aim is fucking high though....

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
magpam said:
I have been pretty happy this year with what i have accomplished but anyways.

Listen to me say this cause I will only ever say it once :shy:

- I don't regret doing the hsc! :)eek: yeah i know aye? shocking)
- I don't regret choosing the subjects I choose except for 2UMaths which i should have dropped to general ages ago (well because my school is sooo retarded i only got 4/6 subjects I preferred but i have thought that was a blessing cause i enjoy my subjects)... also eco can be a pain but only because there is sooo much reading involved

Things I do regret:

- I regret not dropping to General Maths earlier
- I regret ever associating myself with BoS and having other internet distractions
- I regret that I havn't taken the hsc seriously
- I regret I am bludging now
- I regret that the number of hours I have bludged through out the year have been a million time greater that the number of hours I have studied
- I regret placing trust to my school and to some of my teachers

But yeah overall I have been pretty much happy this year not because of the marks ive been getting but because I made it this far when before I wanted to drop out :)
Same here, i do like my subjects, but lately my parents have been putting more and more pressure on me and i keep thinking if it's all worth it. I don't want to drop out right now, but the transferring to uni through tafe and not having to go through all this stress would've been a nice feeling.

Mr-X

HSC
I would have chosen Legal Studies instead of Chemistry.

Unfortunately due to my chemistry teacher who couldn't teach anything to save her life and my own laziness, I have learnt very little in the time I have done preliminary and HSC chemistry course.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
^Yes i know it would be hard to get into business law no matter how i try however what i meant was that Tafe is a bit more relaxed than the school environment and i wouldn't be as stressed as i am now. :mad1: For me,accounting at tafe has been sooo much fun...the works easy, so are the tests and i always get distinctions :) but yeh i only heard about this option recently so my knowledge is limited when it comes to transfers between tafe and uni. I think i can manage a uai of 90, which will allow me to get into b business...from there i'll work my butt off and hopefully get a transfer to b business/b laws. Oh yeh, are you doing your HSC this year?

:D Good luck to you too!

Last edited:

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
tanjin said:
Year 10, when you chose your subjects for yrs 11 & 12, would you change anything? If so what and why?:)

I would have:

- Dropped out in yr 10

- Gone to Tafe to do accounting for 2 years

-Transfer into Uni to do business law without the stress and hassle of the fucking hsc.

- I would've ended up in uni at the same time even if i did my hsc without having to aim for such a high uai!

Then again i didn't know this option was available till recently. My parents wouldn't have let me drop out anyway so in that case i wouldn't have picked math. The worst decision i've made. I can't believe i almost picked 3 unit in yr 11. :eek:

lol now u tell me :p:p:p
its a bit late now :(
but i wuddn change anyfn in year 10
i chose to do physics and chem in year 11 ( which i hav droppd)
and now do business studies and legal instead.
its weird, but i find that i can still apply wat i learnt in chem and physics 2day, which is enough 4 me coz ive totally distanced myself from those subjects hehe. But business studies and legal studies definately are more me :)
You cant really tell wat is you and wat isnt you in year 10, its far too early.
But then again, its up to the individual person...

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
tanjin said:
^Yes i know it would be hard to get into business law no matter how i try however what i meant was that Tafe is a bit more relaxed than the school environment and i wouldn't be as stressed as i am now. :mad1: For me,accounting at tafe has been sooo much fun...the works easy, so are the tests and i always get distinctions :) but yeh i only heard about this option recently so my knowledge is limited when it comes to transfers between tafe and uni. I think i can manage a uai of 90, which will allow me to get into b business...from there i'll work my butt off and hopefully get a transfer to b business/b laws.

I wish things were simpler!

:D Good luck to you too!
Thats the stereotype.
i can tell you from now the tafe environment is exactly the same as the school environment. it may seem relaxed, with all the free time in between classes, but dont forget there also would have been the night classes and assignments due the nxt day after night classes etc etc. I think the tafe environment is very similar to the school environment with some aspects of university to it...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Ahmed A said:
Thats the stereotype.
i can tell you from now the tafe environment is exactly the same as the school environment. it may seem relaxed, with all the free time in between classes, but dont forget there also would have been the night classes and assignments due the nxt day after night classes etc etc. I think the tafe environment is very similar to the school environment with some aspects of university to it...
Okay, well im not stereotyping, because it's my personal opinion and i've never actually heard anyone besides myself and a few friends say that it was easy. I go to TAFE once a week from 1 to 5 pm with a shitty 15 minute break in between for accounting, and i still think its much more relaxed then school. I might feel this way because my teachers at Tafe are completely different to those at my school. Meh i dont know, but i still think its more relaxed even when we have assessments every week. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
magpam said:
haha iawtc

omg TAFE was the best :D i miss it sooo much
it was sooooo much fun
i had the greatest teacher there
she used to be a kindy teacher so she usually gave us lollies if we were good.
one time she even brought pizza and drinks and we just had a picnic at the gardern
LOL and one time during class me and one of the people there just randomly slept on the carpet during class and when i woke up half the class was lying on the floor... the teacher just made some funny comment and laugh
she even gave us a yoga lesson at one time
the people there were really nice OMG i made really good friends there. sometimes after class we would organise to go to pizza hut and have an eating comp LOL

*reminises*

great fun :D

yeah right now im doing a diploma in accounting this year part time at a private college (while completing the hsc) and i reckon its just as good. small classes. and you get to finish it in a year. i was looking at what people at previous years are doing now - most got into UTS some got into UNSW and USyd. and according to my teacher for the last 3 years 100% of the people that applied to go to uni at my college got in :D so yeah. my last lesson was really good. we do things as a class and do really fun activities skills that will definitly help for employment and uni. anyway yeah i love it cause it gives me a break from the HSC.

anyways
/ends essay LOL
LOL, i understand your enthusiasm! Well my teacher for the first year was nice to those she liked...lol meaning me and a few others from my school and a private school because we did our work and did well in tests. She had really cynical views about practically everything in life however she was a good teacher and she was funny. My teacher for this year, talks about how he's lonely - - should've heard him on valentines day :( lol he's funny as well. I probably made my experience at tafe sound shit, but it was and still is awesome! :) :)

Last edited:

KirrynAlane

HSC
I would have done

Retail

Art

Photogprahy

Music (maybe... hmm)

Bio and Adv Eng (which i do now neways)

funnily enough I wouldve chosen subjects im actually GOOD AT.

*sigh*

beentherdunthat

HSC
I would do

Modern History
or
Economics

Both subjects my school doesn't offer

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
I would do

Modern History
or
Economics

Both subjects my school doesn't offer
your school sounds soo vaguely similar to mine :uhoh:

KyleandError

HSC
I would have chosen extension english in year 11 instead of extension maths, which I dropped after yr 11.
Probably should have done a subject like art or DAT, just something thats not full on academic, even though they do have large projects to complete.
Is it good stress relief?

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
KyleandError said:
I would have chosen extension english in year 11 instead of extension maths, which I dropped after yr 11.
Probably should have done a subject like art or DAT, just something thats not full on academic, even though they do have large projects to complete.
Is it good stress relief?
You can say that art is just as hard as EE2 when compared to the amount of work involved. The art major work is due at almost the same time as the EE2 but it doesn't scale nearly as much as EE2, which is a real shame because that prevents some kids with talent from choosing the course.

shona1990

HSC
I would have chosen Chemistry instead of Society and Culture. Oh god, what was I thinking?!?! Worst. Subject. Ever. I ended up changing to Chemistry half way through the year, anyway, but it meant I missed out on soo much work, and so I wasn't very confident, making me feel the need to change to Senior Science when I got to year 12, so I could get better marks. I miss Chemistry. :(

Beege

HSC
I'd pick advanced english cauz at least ppl in advance people actually want to do WELL. The people in my class are a bunch of fuckheads who are wasting their time at school when they should be looking for a job. Plus at my school I believe they mark the advanced kids easier and they mark the standard kids harder. Plus I would have had a better teacher that would of taught me properly therefore my essays would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)