If you are in year 11, read this first. (1 Viewer)

Concinnity

HSC
Hello folks. Here is a good question for some of you:

You know that the derivative of sin(inverse)x = 1 / root of (1 – x^2)
You also know that the integral (or primitive function) of 1 / root of (1 – x^2) = sin(inverse)x

There is no problem here.

BUT

The question is, what is the primitive function of sin(inverse)x?

P

pLuvia

You will have to use integration by parts here, or convert the arcsinx into siny and subtract it from a rectangle.

This is a method learnt in 4u

And by the way this is not a thread to ask these type of questions

Anyway, the answer to that is:
xarcsinx+sqrt{1-x2}+C

Last edited by a moderator:

Concinnity

HSC
Very well, my wonderful stranger. i see that you are reasonably competent in maths extension 2. Perhaps i shall ask you more difficult cases on some other thread. I do have MANY afterall. DW, they're not from any text books. You can always trust the questions made up by the one who asks them.

Concinnity

HSC
And....ah... btw, your answer is not exactly correct. Ur method is indisputable, but the answer is xsin-1x + root of (1-x^2) + C

P

pLuvia

Opps my bad, that's what you get for doing it on the keyboard and monitor ;)

jaaaaay

HSC
withoutaface said:
5. If you can't get through the course without spending $100 a week on tutoring, don't do it.
i don't do tutoring like that lol... but i have to disagree...

because quite frankly some teachers are so damn bad, if the students don't do tutoring, it's basically doing the course without a teacher at all... =/ so i say, it depends on your situation... ^^;;; if that makes sense...

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
jaaaaay said:
i don't do tutoring like that lol... but i have to disagree...

because quite frankly some teachers are so damn bad, if the students don't do tutoring, it's basically doing the course without a teacher at all... =/ so i say, it depends on your situation... ^^;;; if that makes sense...
I quite agree...what do you do with a teacher that mumbles at you and when you don't understand it they mumble it back, only twices as fast.

Affinity

HSC
All you need is a decent textbook and consistent effort to band E4.

jaaaaay

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
I quite agree...what do you do with a teacher that mumbles at you and when you don't understand it they mumble it back, only twices as fast.
haha yea...
or one that doesn't allow you to say 'i don't understand'

I'M SERIOUS!!
WE WERE BANNED FROM SAYING THAT!! ><"

bleh =.=
*goes and finds textbook instead*

jaaaaay

HSC
LottoX said:
You were banned from saying "I don't understand"? That's ridiculous, unless you guys say it just for the fun of it.

EDIT: jaaaaay, your bloody signature is freaky, I refuse to believe those people are men.
no i'm serious, we weren't allowed to say it... and we weren't even saying it for fun... (i go to an all girls school, we don't do that kinda stuff =P) *sigh*

hahaha.... my sig? ^^;;;
i can change it if it's too disturbing for u =P

Riviet

HSC
N/A
dr baby beanie said:
Switch with another maths teacher? :p

Teddy Lee

HSC
jaaaaay said:
haha yea...
or one that doesn't allow you to say 'i don't understand'

I'M SERIOUS!!
WE WERE BANNED FROM SAYING THAT!! ><"

bleh =.=
*goes and finds textbook instead*
i feel your pain... and those faces she makes when you dont know, or say the wrong answer.. they're so mean!! and how she goes sooo fast :| i have all 4 units with her and no coaching.. so im not doing that great.. i'll probably drop it

P

pLuvia

Don't drop MX2 too soon in year 12 unless you are really failing or doing bad because if you do well it's very rewarding and even if you do average it's still a great contributer to your UAI

Unless you really think that you can do much better with doing 2u maths then dropping won't be a bad idea, just little advice from an ex-HSC student.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
if you think you've got potential in the subject, keep it and don't let the fact that youve got a dodgy teacher drag you down. Go out and get a bit of tutoring, and you will find you enjoy the subject more.

Also, I highly recommend keeping extension2 just so you can pwn extension1.....

fishy89sg

HSC
hi all i am currently doing 4 unit and i duno if i should drop. i went horridly horrible for a complex numbers exam (47%) but it goes 0% towards our HSC assessment marks. i dont know if i should keep mathematics extension 2. 2 unit maths is very easy and extension 1 maths is moderate.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Affinity said:
All you need is a decent textbook and consistent effort to band E4.
Yup that's what got me there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)