If you are considering Architecture at UTS. (1 Viewer)

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
I feel bad for students not knowing what architecture is actually like in universities and don't know what they sign up for. For sure I didn't know what I signed up for... I rarely visit this site now, but I used to come here when I was doing HSC and just wish more people spoken out for architecture.

http://williamycai.wordpress.com
This is my portfolio and this pretty much demonstrate what you will do 85% of the time you are there. It will perhaps answer some of your questions later down the road. I have only put projects where I got Distinction above, and trust me, unless you are really really good, you will slave away just to scrape a pass. I plan to write more about what it is actually like, but I need questions first.

UTS Architecture has had some rough period (such as the Head and few other good lecturers quitting because of controversies) and was in abit of an identity crisis and I think they got their act a little better in 2012.
Anyways hope it helps to see what actual student work is like here at UTS.

arcea

HSC
I have read your blog and it seems that we at Interior & Spatial (DAB) are doing a lot of stuff that's similar to your course.

I have a friend who's a second year at UTS Architecture and she has pretty much been telling me about what she's doing for her course. I would like to point out that the Interior & Spatial Design course at UTS actually covers more of what the general public consider to be "architecture". I'm still a second year but so far we've already covered residential & commercial living where we had to design residential housings (both exterior AND interior), shop fronts etc. We did pavilions and galleries last semester. Every now and then we do more creative stuff (stuff like what you mentioned in your blog posts).

So for those considering Architecture, you should also look into Interior & Spatial Design as an alternative.

williamycai

Kai-Kai
HSC
http://williamycai.wordpress.com/

After 7 years, I have finally finished my Architecture degree. This is not an advertisement for a shitty free wordpress website that I gain nothing from HSC students. 7 years worth of university experience is here. From fails to getting exhibitions in the powerhouse museum. From working for free to being offered to work at Mirvac /PTW/ Scharp.

Everything you should know before getting into architecture is here. Examples, work, salary, projects, portfolio. If only I saw something like this when I started.

Warmly
William

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
http://williamycai.wordpress.com/

After 7 years, I have finally finished my Architecture degree. This is not an advertisement for a shitty free wordpress website that I gain nothing from HSC students. 7 years worth of university experience is here. From fails to getting exhibitions in the powerhouse museum. From working for free to being offered to work at Mirvac /PTW/ Scharp.

Everything you should know before getting into architecture is here. Examples, work, salary, projects, portfolio. If only I saw something like this when I started.

Warmly
William
Great man !

I am not going into architecture myself but i do have an interest in it. I followed your site for a while and enjoyed seeing it all.

Why did it take 7 years to finish your degree?

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Congratulations man and well done putting this together for everyone!

On another note, I receive lots of 4am snapchats from my architecture buddies :haha:

mac1996

HSC
i've totally changed my views on architecture, it seems boring as fuark
considering psychology instead now

maryhoang

HSC
This is going to be the dumbest post recorded in history, but I really want to do architecture and I believe I have the passion to do so, BUT, my art and 'drawing/sketching' skills are not up to scratch. Should I reconsider another course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)