• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

If we get notification early, can we ask for them to push it back? (1 Viewer)

TheFeared

HSC
Basically I have read Othello in class, which was a massive borefest. We got the assessment on the 6th, but we hadn't finished reading it yet. I think we finished on the 10th and this Friday is our essay. Which i havent started. Because the question was fucked up.

Now, can I go and tell the teacher we only had 12 days(li3k omfg!) and we should do it on Monday?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
No. Deal with it. All the other students are just as disadvantaged as you.

spence

HSC
Basically I have read Othello in class, which was a massive borefest. We got the assessment on the 6th, but we hadn't finished reading it yet. I think we finished on the 10th and this Friday is our essay. Which i havent started. Because the question was fucked up.

Now, can I go and tell the teacher we only had 12 days(li3k omfg!) and we should do it on Monday?
You're seriously complaining about having 12 days to write an essay? Harden up

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think there is much difference between the 12-14 days... and it's just to write an essay. You'll be fine.

K

khorne

Maybe your teacher should complain about you procrastinating on forums rather then writing? =]

TheFeared

HSC
Yeah, I am a huge proscratinator, especially english, i hate it. it sucks. it shouldn't be compulsory. its only so asians cant get a good uai. i hate english.

General concensus of people doing advanced in my year is that not many have started.

spence

HSC
Yeah, I am a huge proscratinator, especially english, i hate it. it sucks. it shouldn't be compulsory. its only so asians cant get a good uai. i hate english.

General concensus of people doing advanced in my year is that not many have started.
Yeah that must be it. Couldn't possibly have anything to do with developing language skills

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
OH NO 12 DAYS TO DO AN ESSAY WHICH IS LESS THAN 2000 WORDS.

harden up you little bitch

K

khorne

OH SHIT GUYS! He's found out our conspiracy carried on from the white Australia policy...He knows we make Asians do English only to ruin their UAI's, and not because language is essential in any society...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

although last year, asians topped (1st) all levels of english? (don't know about esl, but def 2,3,4u)

allira92

HSC
AFAIK law states 2 weeks, ie 14 days.

so you have reason for complaint

You were given 2 weeks notice of the task and u should have taken it upon yourself to finish reading othello if u were worried about 2 extra days. its no body but your own fault that you hadn't already read the text and need an extra 2 days

TheFeared

HSC
Yeah I know i'm just being stupid. I know I should have started earlier but eh, too late. Just a stupid procrastinator.

spence

HSC
Yeah I know i'm just being stupid. I know I should have started earlier but eh, too late. Just a stupid procrastinator.
As if you should have started earlier. 12 days is heaps of time for one essay. 1 day is enough

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)