• yes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters

Leap

free falling
HSC
Yeah I would have, cause I needed the extra unit.
Besides, its a bludge and its easy to get good marks in.

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
even though i know the benefits i wouldnt hav done this subject..would hav been much better of choosing sumthing that i like more (ie history + history ext) as oppsed to religion...

aswell as something that scales must higher...much much higher (ie classic greek or latin)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
nah i wouldnt of studied it - though its easy marks and stuff - its a waste of time... rather b doing something more 'productive' like ...
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
classic greek or latin

Dave85

HSC
i'd choose it... i knew how easy it was from friends that had done it in 2001. Its easy marks and a raw mark in the 90's isnt to hard 2 get. So its all good. I dont enjoy it tho... i'd rather science (more interesting) then re coz re is a bunch of crap. o well... not long 2 go!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Dash
I'm not studying for religion :D

It will not count for me :p
Hahaha! *shakes Dash's hand*

It won't count for me... but I'll be studying for it (at least giving it a fair go).

If I weren't in a Catholic school, then I wouldn't have to do it (obviously).

But it's not that bad, and if you read your material you should be fine. Having said that, I wouldn't have chosen it, it's just another subject to do and it's not worth it.

As Tooheyz has mentioned, I would:
Originally posted by ToOhEyZ
rather b doing something more 'productive'
Maybe not Latin or Greek, but 4U Maths? Hahaha! :rolleyes:

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i like sor2
it's easy and very intresting...well some of it :)

i would not have choosen it if i didn't have to in year11 cause at the time i hated religion..too much bible studies but now that im in yr12 sor2 i love it!
oh yeah i didn't do sor2 in year11, just sor1, kinda picked it up later :)

4u maths over sor? no way!

yeah i know sor doesn't scale well, but who cares?! if you can get into the 90s for sor then with or without scaling your mark will be amazing

=UKE=

If I had a choice, there would be absolutely no chance that I would have considered doing SORE1 I think its a waste of time, for the time I spent in class I could have been doing something better........

aussiechica

SOR1 was the biggest waste of my time-- I learnt nothing! (although I did get to watch Rabbit Proof Fence :) )

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by aussiechica
SOR1 was the biggest waste of my time-- I learnt nothing! (although I did get to watch Rabbit Proof Fence :) )
It was a waste of time AND i never got to watch all of rabbit proof fence :(

aussiechica

Originally posted by Dash
It was a waste of time AND i never got to watch all of rabbit proof fence :(
Aw, that sucks even more. Dont worry, it wasnt that good ;)

ftist

doesnt 2u religion get scaled realli high? thats wat our teacher said...
does anyone form the class of 04 have summary notes that i can have to study from for next yr? cos i cant be bothered w/ religion...like ill do study notes for other subjects that i care abolut but religion has so much content and also it would be a lot easier if i could use sumone elses study notes... :) lazy...

kalli

HSC
i chose no but now that i have my results im glad i did it because it was counted and 1 less unit of maths was counted :D

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
How do you know what it scales?? (seriously- we were told that ppl could never work out the maths of it because it varies from year to year, cohort to cohort)
+
Especially that "technically" scaling doesnt exist in the new HSC! (hence getting rid of all 1 unit subjects except SOR-remember the complaints about the easier level (name escapes me now) of English in the first year.
The way I look at it, its an easy 50 marks and you really dont have to a genius to get over the 70% mark (as your minimum). My gawd- its got multiple guess it!!
Stop your complaining and make the most of easy marks.

any bites??

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
How do you know what it scales?? (seriously- we were told that ppl could never work out the maths of it because it varies from year to year, cohort to cohort)
Whilst it's true that the scaling is liable to change from year to year, in reality, for courses with large candidatures (100+) it hardly changes at all. The scaling will only change when the academic ability of the candidature changes: there's no reason for a sudden influx of intelligent or intellectually-challenged students in any course, so it tends to stay much the same.

Originally posted by snapperhead
Especially that "technically" scaling doesnt exist in the new HSC!
Pfft. The Board just decided not to call it scaling anymore. They call it "aligning" (which is just scaling in a standards-referenced framework). That's it. :rolleyes: Heck, it's even still called scaling when you're referring to UAI calculations.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
Whilst it's true that the scaling is liable to change from year to year, in reality, for courses with large candidatures (100+) it hardly changes at all. The scaling will only change when the academic ability of the candidature changes: there's no reason for a sudden influx of intelligent or intellectually-challenged students in any course, so it tends to stay much the same.

Pfft. The Board just decided not to call it scaling anymore. They call it "aligning" (which is just scaling in a standards-referenced framework). That's it. :rolleyes: Heck, it's even still called scaling when you're referring to UAI calculations.
Yeah I know but we have to use the right terminolgy for the right thing now dont we!:D (hence the "any bites' statement!)
Thanks for the, urm, clarification!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
lol
thx for your help again- you should come out to schools and tell us what it really means-10 minutes looking through here cleared up any talks we have had with our BOSLO (including the intro to the new HSC talk we had as a cluster before the new changes) Thoughthe whole "scaling/aligning"thing is a pain in the neck to get my head around (I hate maths which is robably why it makes my head hurt)
BTW, thx with your help re my other problem. I dont think I was in the wrong but you never can tell with ppl
Thanks again for all your help
(and yes, I know this isnt the best place to say this but how often are you publically acknowledged! I know what that ones like!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)