If they specify a Slessor poem... (1 Viewer)

arooonaloo

HSC
So, what if they specify which of Slessor's poems to answer with, with one/two of your own choosing?

I mean, apart from more than half of the exam hall sighing, and my guarenteed failure of english xD

I mean, if you think about it, I think they'll most likey specify either Five Bells or Five Visions of Captain Cook. They are apparantly his "best" poems, and also longer, so we could really have a larger choice of quotes. (Also my weakest two poems, but that's typical)

Oh, and for those who extremely doubt they'll specify because Slessor is a new option, my friend put it like this:

"Oh, let's just kill off those guinea pigs now that we're done with them!"

Anyway, what does everyone think in terms of how we'll do, and what might be specified?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
If they specify any poem that isn't Five Visions of Captain Cook, Out of Time or Beach Burial then I won't be happy.
If they dare ask us to write about Elegy in a Botanic Gardens I'll get all angry for a few minutes then I'll write "I didn't really like this poem so I'm going to write about Out of Time and Five Visions of Captain Cook instead, okay? Okay." Then I'll just write about the poems I did study instead of writing nothing.
Seriously though, I doubt they'll refer to that poem. They're just plain mean if they do.
I think you're right. It'll be Five Bells or Captain Cook if they did specify a particular poem. Possibly Beach Burial.

Out of Time was my favourite though.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)