If i have a certificate of diploma of Accounting (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
If i have a certificate of diploma of Accounting, there are many career opportunities.. such as tax accountant, accounts clerk, costing clerk. Does that mean that i can apply to any job that relates to Accounting? Will they train you on your job?

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
If i have a certificate of diploma of Accounting, there are many career opportunities.. such as tax accountant, accounts clerk, costing clerk. Does that mean that i can apply to any job that relates to Accounting? Will they train you on your job?
think that'll depend on who you applied with.

Trentyboi

HSC
Short answer: No (to getting 'any' accounting job)

Longish answer:

You'll probably be able to get a job, but don't expect anything exciting or exactly high-paying. Accounting is a diverse profession, and it can become quite complicated, with all the legislative and common law implications, not to mention international and local accounting standards. I assume you don't really study this in TAFE and it takes years of experience before one can come to a solid understanding of these implications and more.

But yeah, I have friends who worked in Accounts Receivable even before they started studying. Pay's not great, but it's a job that they got without ANY real qualifications. Sure beats Maccas or whatever.

Your best bet is probably book-keeping however.

I'm studying accounting, with a professional accounting extension and regulations (for tax) minor. Hoping I can get myself a nice graduate position when I graduate and end up working in tax, going for my CA.

In terms of training, almost every employment offers some form of 'training', as each business/department differs from each other. But I doubt a good employer would hire someone with no knowledge/unable to pick things up on their own. I'd worry about getting a job before I worry about training.

Who knows, if you're good enough and show you work well, your prospective employer might even pay for your tertiary studies, it happens. Best of luck.

Last edited:

honsaw

HSC
N/A
I mean if i have a Diploma in Accountinig can i be a Tax Agent? or should i also study Advance Diploma?

Trentyboi

HSC
You could probably get a shitty job at ITP or H&R Block.

Do you even do any taxation in tafe for accounting?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)