Iemma's dirty mouth (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hahahahaha.

..I'm sure by now most of you have heard about the Premier's comments on Cross City's new Chief Executive which was inadvertently recorded and subsequently released to all.

Incase you haven't heard about this, during a break in a COAG meeting on Friday, Bracks casually asked Iemma if there were any issues he had to deal with in N.S.W, to which he replied (thinking the microphone was off):

"Today? This fuckwit who's the new CEO of the Cross City Tunnel has ... been saying what controversy? There is no controversy."

May seem politically damaging, but really this simply makes Iemma out to be someone who does seem to sympathise with Sydney commuters; possibly good news for his election chances.

Funny stuff though. Look forward to hearing when Iemma's gonna hold his next meeting with Mulligan (Cross City CEO). Even more interesting, the comment came less than two weeks after the Premier backed calls by the NSW Chief Justice for Australians to improve their manners. Hahahaha.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I honestly don't have a problem with it, show's he's not a robot, but good to see Debnam ripping the shit out of him for it though.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Like federal Labor, when you're in opposition you just can't let past opportunities like this to dig into your opponents. I don't actually know what Debnam's reaction to it was, but I'm sure he had a good crack. Nevertheless, this shows Iemma has personality and balls, and I'm sure (even though most seem to assert that his display was 'offensive'; refer today's papers for examples) that it won't hurt his election chances at all.

But I do agree with him though. Sure the Carr Government made dire errors negotiating the Cross City contract, but for the CEO to dismiss any concerns over the situation just like that certainly makes him a fuckwit in my books.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I think his spin doctors would be quietly happy that it got out. Debnams response was pretty piss poor. It's a sad state of affairs when the government is only in simply by default. The lack of talent on both sides is disconcerting.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Smartest thing he has ever said. Doesn't change the fact that he is still a complete moron though.

HSC
people who present themselves to the public aren't allowed to swear, including workers at retail shops, government officials and sofourth, unless its rated like a movie

its the exact same reason you dont hear a cashier say "this fucking shit you bought is $20, nigger!": iemma doesn't swear on camera but he does in real life, *shock horror*

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
erawamai said:
I think his spin doctors would be quietly happy that it got out. Debnams response was pretty piss poor. It's a sad state of affairs when the government is only in simply by default. The lack of talent on both sides is disconcerting.
No matter how bad Iemma gets, Debnam will never win. Debnam pronounces the word 'renegotiate' as "renegociate".

Collin

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
people who present themselves to the public aren't allowed to swear, including workers at retail shops, government officials and sofourth, unless its rated like a movie

its the exact same reason you dont hear a cashier say "this fucking shit you bought is $20, nigger!": iemma doesn't swear on camera but he does in real life, *shock horror*
Everyone understands that concept, but the whole deal is that he swore in real life.. ON CAMERA. But hey, atleast it broke the bubble which made many view him as an incompetent human sleeping pill.

Collin

HSC
N/A
leetom said:
No matter how bad Iemma gets, Debnam will never win. Debnam pronounces the word 'renegotiate' as "renegociate".
That reminds me of Bush's State of the Union speech for some year in the recent past... he couldn't pronounce 'nuclear proliferation'. Twas' teh funny.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
leetom said:
Forget health, policing and education, the next state election will be won on pronunciation, enunciation and intonation!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Forget health, policing and education, the next state election will be won on pronunciation, enunciation and intonation!
The sad thing is that's probably true :S

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
You betcha! NSW ALP eternal!!.

(JKD, it's not that he can't pronounce the word, just that he delivers it in his snooty eastern suburbs accent).

Collin

HSC
N/A
No no, we're not talking about how he pronounces nuclear as 'nucular', he actually stuttered when it came to 'proliferation' and couldn't get it out properly.

CaptainGh3y said:
Oh, I wouldn't be surprised.

nwatts

HSC
Ah, shows Iemma has some balls. This is the Labor Party like it should be. :)

I'm actually suprised the Libs didn't thrash him for it. I swear they're getting more right and more conservative by the minute. Debnam's a hopeless politician. I swear he has no soul. He looks like a mutant. Worst media personality ever.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i remember somethign similar happens to someone else important. anyone remember similar incidents?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain Gh3y said:

As always. :)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i remember somethign similar happens to someone else important. anyone remember similar incidents?
Downer did it on radio national.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)