IE 7 Question (1 Viewer)

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Sorry if this has been posted but does anyone else think that IE 7 is slower than IE 6

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
When I had a windows, yeah it definitely was. Maybe it's just because my old computer had such shit RAM though.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
I just notice that is a a tad slower than IE6, but its not a real big problem. I guess it could be solved looking through the internet options in the tool menu.

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
I think IE7 is at times unstable, there are still a number of instabilities in it, but i suppose you've got to let the IE team settle back in, so i can only assume it will be optimised and improved in IE8.

I've been noticing however with many browsers in conjunction with websites which heavily leverage AJAX technologies, that at times it causes the browser to lockup or freeze, and i'm only presuming the model is the same, but i guess it's probably making way too many async requests to the backend, and then requesting the browsers main UI thread to update the DOM, now i'm only assuming the browser has one UI thread, and if that's the case that sure makes it sucky.

icedjulia

HSC
It might help if you turn off the Phishing Filter.

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
it's faster for me...but I mostly use firefox anyway so I don't have that much experience with ie6

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I've found IE7 to be faster than IE6 and more useful as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)