IDIOTIC questions... (1 Viewer)

bells

Ok, so I like religious studies and I get good marks...but some of the questions from the past papers have really bugged me, because, well, they are not appropriate to the syllabus. Has anyone else found this?

Like the 'environment' question- that is not actually specific to the question, and the exempler shown on disc is actually some legal studies student reciting his legal studies topic.

Also, the 'labour' question you may have come across... we all know about the Labour Movement- but then in the marking guidelines they state "labour" to mean "work" in this case....and therefore we have to talk about the distribution of religion over the labour force. NOT IN SYLLABUS.

As for the independent trial (i did cssa, but practised with this years independent) it was based around that macquarie guide, not the syllabus- and I feel sorry for those who hadnt read the revision guide. May i suggest Hayward and Noble are trying to make money by scaring the shit out of those who havent read the revision guide?? No offence to all those that go to MLC and who adore their teachers- and no personal offence to Haward and Noble themselves- this is just borne out of absolute frustration for a decent paper to be written!!!!

fingers crossed they have come up with sensible and appripriate questions for wednesday!!!!

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I called the advice on the labour question and they said they woulda accpeted both answers. The WORK thing you mentioned and the thing we all learnt with Santamaria dude and the communism, etc.

Def hoping for some good questions ...

Ac

mkomko

bells:

do u think u could scan this year's independent paper if possible?
i desperately need some past papers to practice on as the resources at the download section are scarce.

bells

ummmmmm....

if this is what I think you want rahul....

2001 HSC exam Part D- "Explain how the beliefs of ONE secular/non-religious perspective are used to justify people's actions in response to ONE important environmental concern."

and

i cant actually find the other labour question right now...does anyone else have it handy for rahul?

ohhhh and I do 2 unit- but i was practising on a 1 unit paper (not that they are that different) and they ask in the SACRED STORIES AND WRITINGS SECTION:

a) Outline the role of ethics in religious traditions
b) Analyse the significance of teh guidance given by sacred writings and stories in ONE religious tradition in the everyday life of believers with regard to ONE of teh following aspects:
-ritual use
-ETHICAL JUSTIFICATION AND SOURCE
-Direction for the spiritual life
-Gender roles and functions

Anyone see the problem here???? Ethics is supposed to be an Elective within SACRED WRITINGS AND STORIES- and they arent allowed to ask question a. I think it was supposed to have read " Outline the role of sacred writings and stories in rel. trads" if it were to comply to the syllabus.

Rahul

Dead Member
if you check the syllabus, then that is one of the options...

gotta be brief, i got some major cramming to do:p

anway, why would you complain, just use your knowledge from your other elective, that is if you do ethics. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)