ideas? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
okay, while studying i was going crazy, but then i listened to music and it helped, so i am wondering - do you have any other ideas to cut the boredom and get more work done

and 2, is anyone else getting back pain? i walk around like every 1/2 hour but my back is so tired - any ideas?

Hotdog1

Yummmmmmmmmm...
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
okay, while studying i was going crazy, but then i listened to music and it helped, so i am wondering - do you have any other ideas to cut the boredom and get more work done

and 2, is anyone else getting back pain? i walk around like every 1/2 hour but my back is so tired - any ideas?
I found that when i listen to music while i study, I 'll start sing along, start drumming, start air guitaring, and yeah.... not good for studying.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
I like goin ova my neighbours house for like 2 hours during a study break...
We juss talk and talk and talk sum more...
Really good outlet :)

I suppose you could make a phone call to a friend to relax???

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
i find that music helps me.... keeps away all the other noises that are around and helps me focus...also i hate silence and when im at home by myself and have to do work... i prefer to have something on and music doesnt prove to be a distraction but it takes away the dreded silences... but this only works with some subjects... i used to not be able to do maths with music and i cant do ipt with music either

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah I like 2 listen 2 something as well, so music is good to block out other noise. I listen 2 classical music, well not full-on classical but songs like deep forest by deep forest, and children by robert miles. They rnt really classical....its more 'chill out' music.

Just make sure that its really soft, cos otherwise ul get used 2 studying and being productive when listening 2 music, nd then comes the exam with its silence, and u wont b comfortable.

Its all about less stress!!!!:)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
If you have a pool, have a swim in it, or go to your local pool, have a bit in the spa, always helps my back.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I have a shit back, so whatever happens I always get back pain, especially if it's a shoddy chair. I like music, but sometimes it gets a bit TOO distracting.

stinger v2.0

i listen to tripleJ late at night (post midnight)

its good, because there's something on, instead of the sound of deathly silence, but half the shit is so obscure that you won't be tempted to start singing/listening along

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
midnight, dude thats the time for SLEEPING.

If you think its good, why do you say that they have shit on there?

stinger v2.0

haha, its sarah_#1_eel

but when i said shit, i was sayin, "half the songs ..."

not 'shit' in the context of meaning bad

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Hotdog
I found that when i listen to music while i study, I 'll start sing along, start drumming, start air guitaring, and yeah.... not good for studying.
ur av is gorgeous!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
um.. when i'm learning i put on classical music.. but when i'm doing past papers i put on rap.. does that make any sense?!?! ^^

oh! for the trials i got really bad back pain especially during the 4u maths paper (3hours!!!) so i think i'm gonna have to practise sitting straight... (?>??)

Nicksta

Originally posted by iambored

Okay - you are talking to an expert here - If I was any more relaxed I'd be dead. I always listen to music when I study - usually just leave JJJ on. Make sure you do some physical activity aswell - I walk or run an hour a day just to clear my head. I do weights aswell (but obviously that's not for everyone).
If you have an animal go and play with it! Seriously, nothing relieves stress like playing with your dog or cat or whatever.
If you are STILL stressed? get some human contact. Call a friend, go out to diner, something like that.
If you are absolutely tearing your hair out, just walk away from your desk, grab a drink or something to eat and just take a minute for yourself.

I am adamant about this - you might not have as much time left in the day after you do all that type of stuff, but you will be So much more productive! Really, I can't stress this enough! (hehehe pun intended)

And if your back gets sore after only 1/2 an hour, you probably have something slightly wrong with your back. I had the same problem - I have a slight sclorosis (sp?) in the back both from studying and football. Just go and see a manipulative physiotherapist about it. It will make a world of difference.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Nicksta
Okay - you are talking to an expert here - If I was any more relaxed I'd be dead. I always listen to music when I study - usually just leave JJJ on. Make sure you do some physical activity aswell - I walk or run an hour a day just to clear my head. I do weights aswell (but obviously that's not for everyone).
If you have an animal go and play with it! Seriously, nothing relieves stress like playing with your dog or cat or whatever.
If you are STILL stressed? get some human contact. Call a friend, go out to diner, something like that.
If you are absolutely tearing your hair out, just walk away from your desk, grab a drink or something to eat and just take a minute for yourself.

I am adamant about this - you might not have as much time left in the day after you do all that type of stuff, but you will be So much more productive! Really, I can't stress this enough! (hehehe pun intended)

And if your back gets sore after only 1/2 an hour, you probably have something slightly wrong with your back. I had the same problem - I have a slight sclorosis (sp?) in the back both from studying and football. Just go and see a manipulative physiotherapist about it. It will make a world of difference.
thanks 4 that!

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Yea, Im not really productive...

Half the time im just sitting at my desk thinking what I want to do
next and dreaming about getting a UAI of 99.95 :p...

I get carried away sometimes :D

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
One thing for me is that I need to discipline myself, or I'd stop studying after one hr, which includes just sitting there and doin nothing. Im trying to set myself up to doing 3 hrs straight...and being sucessful in keeping that 1/10 times:(...one thing is to make sure you have no distractions..because if I study anywhere else other than my room, I hear the TV, ppl gettin food, ppl talking, kids playing and I simply stop working and get distracted. I think it helps if u easily do get distracted, to get someone to tell ppl to keep quiet around the area. My mum tells off my sisters if they start playing near my room..and they get into quite a lot of trouble.:D

~Dreamer

HSC
my mum tells my borther off for annyoying me while i study, but by hat time hes already made me mad, i cant concerntrate. another way to study is just go to a library, its quiet, if u need music plug in ur headphones, and seeing other people study reallly motivates.

[WILL_wang]

i think every1 needs to b able to straight hours of studying at least to 2hrs......

coz isnt basically most of the exams 2 hrs??...

n for ppl wiv 3hr examz....obviously need to be able to do 3 hrs in a row...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ~Dreamer
my mum tells my borther off for annyoying me while i study, but by hat time hes already made me mad, i cant concerntrate. another way to study is just go to a library, its quiet, if u need music plug in ur headphones, and seeing other people study reallly motivates.
i hate that, when people make so much noise that u get mad, and it's just such a waste of time because u cant; concentrate for another half hour

chippie

I think the best way I have studied, is quizzing my friend on history stuff, to memorize dates/small facts/ etc. I have the worst attnetion span, I need someone to keep me on track....oh look, a bird.....anyway.... yah. I hateeeee studying, especially when I share the study room with my brother who is always constantly in there pulling apart computers or builfing some robot thing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)