ICT Engineering, switching from Computer Systems to Software? Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

levelup888

HSC
I've been contemplating switching from Computer Systems to Software since the start of this semester because of IEE (Introduction to Electrical Engineering).

The reason I did Computer Systems was because I thought it wouldn't be too bad, a mixture of Electrical and IT. But University IEE and seeing people do ADS has somewhat turned me off, but I'm still willing to do it since I feel like I would do better with it than I would with a lot of programming. As well as that I heard that Computer Systems in the future didn't have as much of a Job prospect as software does.

I want to see what others think about that? Is it true that Computer Systems doesn't have as much of a Job Prospect as Computer Systems?

And if I was to switch, all I would have to do is send an e-request through UTS right? Since it's an internal transfer so I wouldn't have to worry about UAC or whatnot?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Would you even have selected your major yet? If so, I guess youd have to do it through e-request if it cant be changed on MyStudentAdmin.

Comp systems also have to do FoEE which sounded like the toughest first year EE subject.

levelup888

HSC
Would you even have selected your major yet? If so, I guess youd have to do it through e-request if it cant be changed on MyStudentAdmin.

Comp systems also have to do FoEE which sounded like the toughest first year EE subject.
Next semester is when ICT starts to branch off into the different sub majors (4/5 subjects are the same, but one subject is different now depending on the sub major) so I was hoping to try and decide before like closing data or w/e for changing subjects was.

Would it be worth the extra hard work with Systems? I don't want to graduate, and found out that software was a better choice if I stick with Systems. >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)