Iceland (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
JaredR said:
Backpacking could prove difficult in Iceland considering all Icelanders use their own cars and don't walk anywhere.

You might be interested to check out this website:

http://www.nat.is/
there are buses

my bro just went there recently while he was travelling around, he said it was so awesome :D he was there for 5 days and spent 500pounds, 100pounds a day :s

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
So what was it like, Hippy? Spill the details!

biomic

(pronounced yay-zu)
HSC
Bumping this thread, I share Slidey's appreciation and amazement of this country :D .. Plan on heading over as soon as I graduate, was this close to heading in June this year but decided I'd save a little more and hit the winter to catch the northern lights hopefully :)

Also toyed with the idea of a semester over there, which uni did/does your friend go to Loz?? (on the off chance you stumble back across this thread)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hopefully if I get enough money I'll be going there within the year. :)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
it's nothing special there, they call themselves scandinavians because they think they're unique but they're not, just modern day vikings roaming around northern europe. northern europe = like the rest of europe except they're very pale and white and eat ice, plus they're not some kind of special ethnic or race for christ sakes.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yes i REALLY want to go to iceland, want some travel buddies though dont like travelling by myself.

they have the most beautiful springs over there, part of hostel II was filmed at one of them and its absolutely awe inspiring, that's the main reason i want to go it is just so fucking beautiful.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Iceland is a really, really beautiful and unique country (especially the north!), but it's a very isolated place and the city, Reykjavik, is quite small. I think 80-90% of the population live in Reykjavik, but there's not a lot happening.

It was fantastic during summer when it was 24hour daylight and you could wander the streets at 3am wearing sunglasses and have dinner or whatever, but I just don't know what you'd do if you lived there.... especially through the winter 24hour darkness months. I think I'd find that quite depressing.

But do go for a holiday!! You'll need a sh!tload of money, but the hot springs are fab and they even cook bread in the ground using the heat from the earth. Be warned though that the showers are also geothermally powered and smell of sulpher which will turn all your jewellery black.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)