Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ive always wanted to play....

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • we aint in canada!!!

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

muldersgun

HSC
its asphalt, but its really quite smooth for asphalt.

How soft are your wheels? cause i got a pair of K2 eclipses and the wheels have been okay with the surface.

FiReY

Originally posted by m3h_m3h
pitty they have sh*t house hire skates, got the damn ice picker ones. lucky i got my own skates.
Heya.... I actually work at the Glaci... We just got in a whole lot of hockey skates in, and we now have Geoff Throne sharpening skates regulary!

As for the money at rinks comming from figure... not true... Well it never was in the case of blacktown and im pretty sure not at Glaci either... Most of the session time is taken by hockey teams it seems... well all the good decent times ( unlike my teams ridiculous 11pm - 1am training at Canterbury on Sat nights).

The glaci had the grand finals for the hockey and i was lucky enough to be working that weekend... Was an awesome atmosphere and VERY packed... Almost made me wish i was doing hockey instead of synch!

muldersgun

HSC
the glaci is just so damn far away from me. Ugh and Macq totally sucks. I wish sydney had more ice rinks and maybe a decent hockey system.

Glaci doesn't hold pick-up hockey games does it? Maybe no rink in OZ does, oh well.

m3h_m3h

HSC
mulders, im ridin on 3x76A's, and the fronts of both sides r softer than that, i cant remember the exact softness of the fronts, but i kno they r much softer.
as for the pick-up hockey, u talkin bout development league? i dunno if they still have that. they had it at mac last time, but my mate sims is gonna train me up on open sessions.

Firey: r u serious? thats fkin awesome, looks like im gonna be skatin more now, coz i sold my skates, thats y i havent been for ages. now if they have hockey skates like mac does, it'll be actually worth it. i fked my right knee from takin a slapshot from the biggest hitter in my team, and wen i was usin the stupid toe picker skates, i cained myself several times and wrecked my knee even worse. its coz of how im used to skatin thats y i cant use toe pickers :D

muldersgun

HSC
pick-up hockey as in you turn up, (first in first serve basis) they split you into 2 teams, you play hockey for about 1.5 hours and then you go home.

I don't think aus has that yet. But i'm not sure.

roller_barbie

friday nites

just reading through this post n noticed name matt sims - hello does everynoe no him!! hes like my ide ring king or sumthing pfft. i used to skate every friday at maq their were stax of us buti had to stop coz of hsc. i woulda loved to play ice hockey but my other sports interferred. coz of hsc i aint got to go to glacarium yet coz i live to far way. is it really as good as everyone says?
miss skating so much as soon as hsc ova going straight back to it!!

m3h_m3h

HSC
mulders: they have sumfin similar its just like an open session, so whoever pays to get it can play. but im not sure how it works. for roller we used to rock up, get 30mins warm up on the rink, then everyone chucks there stick in middle, and a guy whill close his eyes and pick sticks and random and form two teams. they u scrimage for bout 1.5hrs :D

Roller_barbie: wats ur name? simsy is like my best mate... i used to go with him occasionally to mac last time wen he used to always go.

roller_barbie

okay so everyone does no him, thats too funny
my names emily
im blonde crazy n really loud thats how ppl usually remeba who i am
n i always had a tiara or pink visor when i was skating dunno y but i did
if u no sis do u no others from the rink as well? i saw the twins yesterday, mel n rach, for the first time in sssoooo long works out mel works in the shop infront of mine, small world....

roller_barbie

dont get to excited bout maqw having hockey skates for rentals - they are narrabeen rinks old ones - n seeing as narrabeen closed nearly ten years ago.... they may look betta than the other shite tie ups but they aint much diff, still justt as blunt. best ones to use at maq are the blue and yello clips up ones. they were the onyl ones i could use properly till i got my own skates, but well they pretty shite still too, you aint neva gonna get good skates for rentals it just wont happen....:(

muldersgun

HSC
they have open sessions? Where? whoa, do you need your own gear and stuff? cause if you can just borrow from the rink then i'm there.

m3h_m3h

HSC
roller_barbie: yes i kno the twins, and kim, lauren and all them aswell :D. from wat ive been told, Glaciarium have some new rental skates apparently. will need to check it out :p

mulders: im pretty sure u need ur own gear...

roller_barbie

rentals or no rentals not caring got my own n they been doin me fine for 2 years now, neva going back to rentals. yeah glac prolly would have new ones coz its new but they wont be good for long.
n yes i no aall those ppl, thats so damn funny, its a damn small world is all i can say...

m3h_m3h

HSC
haha yeh it is a small world isnt it :D
and yeh im gonna get some of my own skates most prob wen i head over to canada in february. buy some new hockey gear while im at it aswell :p

Mike iE

HSC
i was just reading that the Glaciarium has ice hockey skates .. i work there in skate hire and i havent seen any hockey skates, just the toe pickers, but they are being sharpened by Geoff Throne. I think the hockey skates may have gone up to the new rink at Erina (central coast)

muldersgun

HSC
yeesh, i just want a properly run ice rink in sydney with relatively skatable equipment.....and maybe cheaper entrance fees...

is that more than i should ask for?..... :D

m3h_m3h

HSC
entrance is pretty reasonable at glaciarium.
and if they sent them skates to the new rink... ffs

muldersgun

HSC
OMG, i just went to the glaciarium last week and i'm going again this week to pick up my skates. The rink is bloody awesome, so much better then macq and the rental skates (although still shit) where actually sharp.....like you could almost carve on them. And you're not mowed down by thousands of people and speed demons.

But yeah, and they have a hockey training school thingy too which is cheaper then macq, i just wish i had a car.

yeah and everything good is going up to erina, the glaciarium even sent all there skate shop stuff up there as well, thats why i couldn't get my skates last week, cause the guy had to drive up to erina to get them for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)