ICAS science competition (1 Viewer)

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Hey, did anyone sit this competition? If so, how did you find it?

I thought it was easier than last year's one.

cccclaire

HSC
Shit, I think i was supposed to go into school for that.

cs01001

HSC
I did the Economics one instead, never get anything good from ICAS Science comp : \

cs01001

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
cs01001, didn't your school organize for you do to them both? Like in different time slots or periods? (Where's Carlingford High, by the way? What type of school, also?)

I felt that this year's exam could have been a bit more challenging. My peers have expressed their annoyance at the lightbulb-switch question; they also claim that there is no answer.

Thus far, I know that I have nothing wrong; a detail for which I am mildly pleased, but only two months' time or so will tell. Yes, I did sit it. I can only hope that I do better than previous years - whatever that means.
I feel irritated by people who seek to obtain a question paper ever so soon after the competition itself.
Yeah, our school did organize for us to do the two competitions on the same day, like period 1 Economics, followed by ICAS Science in period 2. I didn't enter this year's Science because I have never gotten anything good in the past 3 years, so Yeah. I miss the other ICAS Computing Skills, Financial Literacy ones as they are no longer available to seniors :(
This year, I only entered Economics and Westpac Maths.

Hmm, Carlingford High is fairly big (roughly 1104 students) government, co-ed school located in Carlingford, NW Sydney. It is surrounded by other schools such as James Ruse, Epping Boys, Cheltenham, Cherrybrook and Cumberland etc. Around 50% students are with an Asian background, predominantly Chinese and Koreans. Other half is made up of Aussies.

The school is pretty strong in subjects such as Maths, Science and music, but maybe not as strong in English. Last year, the 2006 cohort did exceptionally well and came #99 in the Telegraph ranking, a few kids got top state rankings in their subjects. I think one girl came first in Chinese. All in all, it is a good school. :)

(God, now I wish I had gone to the Science comp since some of you say its pretty easy :()

HSC
My school made all Year 11 and 12 students who are currently in the top 5 rankings for each TEE Science (so Human Biology, Chemistry and Physics) sit ICAS Science. I can confidently say that 50% of the Year 11s did not want to be there (myself included) and expressed their disgust by filling in random circles (that wasn't me). The school would have been better off by allowing only those who wanted to participate to participate, and allowing me to head to Ancient History to prepare for tomorrows assessment.
Participation certificate, here I come!!!!!

Evergreen

HSC
lol i totally forgot about it because i stayed home today. ill do the maths one though.

cs01001

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
You could have at least tried!
I thought it was Carlingford Agricultural High...
My school comes first in Chinese!!!:mad::rofl: It's our right and duty, being a school of such a mix...
Perhaps you should've.
Maybe we just find it easy?
Lol, I would hate my school to be agricultural, cows give off a bad smell... lol

Oh well, its over now, might give it another shot next year. I hope you get one of those Medals as you mentioned there are no stuff-ups so far :)

steban

violin dude
HSC
wee i did it yesterday.

me and a couple friends were SOOOOOOOOOO not serious. we were like chattin heaps and just not caring aobut it...(one teacher supervised all 4 classrooms...yes we didnt have it all together in the hall or anything)

and yeah, it wasnt like hard but some of them required heaps of reading and in the end i didnt bother working it out so i just put the answer which sounded right aha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)