ICAS Importance (1 Viewer)

Chrocho

HSC
I was wondering how much of a determinant ICAS results are in terms of future results and your HSC results. This year I did terribly in ICAS - d in eng and maths and credit in science. Does this mean that I will start performing badly in my future exams in these subjects? How similar is ICAS and stuff you would see in the HSC especially in science?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I was wondering how much of a determinant ICAS results are in terms of future results and your HSC results. This year I did terribly in ICAS - d in eng and maths and credit in science. Does this mean that I will start performing badly in my future exams in these subjects? How similar is ICAS and stuff you would see in the HSC especially in science?
I haven’t done ICAS in a while but I don’t recall there being a d. If by d you mean distinction you’re fine. If by d you mean a literal d mark, you’re fine.

Chrocho

HSC
I haven’t done ICAS in a while but I don’t recall there being a d. If by d you mean distinction you’re fine. If by d you mean a literal d mark, you’re fine.
I meant distinction, thanks for the reassurance but man does my mum not agree lmao

AsuTeksu

Rising Renewal
HSC
Did ICAS in primary and I did ✨terrible✨
I cannot stress enough how irrelevant ICAS was for me looking back at it now.
It definitely has no effect on your HSC performance whatsoever. In fact, the peers of mine that did well actually did worse in their exams…
As everyone else says, at the end of the day, HSC results are not determined by anything other than your goals, determination, work ethic, effort, time management and blah blah…

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I meant distinction, thanks for the reassurance but man does my mum not agree lmao
You can defo improve
Iirc I got distinction in year 5 and high distinction in year 6 for math and that hasn’t had much of an effect on me
Also for writing and reading I usually got credit and for science I mayve gotten participation once

Chrocho

HSC
Did ICAS in primary and I did ✨terrible✨
I cannot stress enough how irrelevant ICAS was for me looking back at it now.
It definitely has no effect on your HSC performance whatsoever. In fact, the peers of mine that did well actually did worse in their exams…
As everyone else says, at the end of the day, HSC results are not determined by anything other than your goals, determination, work ethic, effort, time management and blah blah…
Ahh thank you for the insight! My icas results really stressed me out lmaoo

Chrocho

HSC
You can defo improve
Iirc I got distinction in year 5 and high distinction in year 6 for math and that hasn’t had much of an effect on me
Also for writing and reading I usually got credit and for science I mayve gotten participation once
Thank you for the reassurance! Out of curiosity did u not do icas in high school?? My school forces all of us to do it

zahri992

HSC
icas is not an indication of anything to do with hsc don't worry I used to barely scrape credits for english now I'm doing 3u and getting 90+ in every exam, and in maths I was getting distinctions and I am yet to pass an advanced maths exam :D

Chrocho

HSC
icas is not an indication of anything to do with hsc don't worry I used to barely scrape credits for english now I'm doing 3u and getting 90+ in every exam, and in maths I was getting distinctions and I am yet to pass an advanced maths exam :D
Thank you for telling me this! Good job on your english btw!! That’s amazing. Also good luck on your advanced maths exams, i hope you pass the next one!

carrotsss

HSC
Literally no impact

I did pretty well on some of them and as far as I can tell it hasn’t changed a thing

zahri992

HSC
Thank you for telling me this! Good job on your english btw!! That’s amazing. Also good luck on your advanced maths exams, i hope you pass the next one!
thank you! i want to pass the next one so bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)