Ib (1 Viewer)

zeleboy

HSC
I've heard of IB, but I don't know the specifics- can anybody elaborate on what this is?

I know it can be taken instead of the HSC, and it is acknowledged worldwide,

P.S. I apologise if i posted this in the wrong section, couldn't find an appropriate one.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
i wanted to do the ib but they don't offer at our school and i really didn't want to do it that much that i'd change schools.

its harder than the hsc.

S2cookie

HSC
In the IB, in general you have to be a well-rounded student, because it's compulsory to choose English, a Second Language, a Math, a Science, and a Humanities. It's only the Arts that is not compulsory.

You also have to choose 3 Higher subjects, the rest being Standard level, and the highest score is 45, which is directly converted to ATAR. Eg. 45=99.95
I've posted the whole table here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/2/school/149963/international-baccalaureate.html#post4470082

It's also a 2-year course, so what you do in Year 11 is relevant to your university admission score.

In general, it's also more rigorous academically, and traditional.
The English course is heavily literature-based, and some aspects of the Science and Math Higher courses are equivalent to first-year uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)