I would like some help please (1 Viewer)

xFusion

HSC
So I'm doing eng/comm this year, mechatronic strain and I'm confused.
Am I suppose to enroll in the courses here(UNSW Handbook Program - Engineering/Commerce - 3715) for 1st sem. i.e. MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1191 and ENGG1000
OR am I suppose to follow "BE/BCom — Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce (Program 3715) (Year 2 start)" (School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering)
i.e. ACCT1501 instead of ENGG1000
for mechatronic? The dodgy thing is that it was last updated on 5 March 2008. =/
Any clarification would be very much appreciated.

LordPc

HSC
So I'm doing eng/comm this year, mechatronic strain and I'm confused.
Am I suppose to enroll in the courses here(UNSW Handbook Program - Engineering/Commerce - 3715) for 1st sem. i.e. MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1191 and ENGG1000
OR am I suppose to follow "BE/BCom — Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Commerce (Program 3715) (Year 2 start)" (School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering)
i.e. ACCT1501 instead of ENGG1000
for mechatronic? The dodgy thing is that it was last updated on 5 March 2008. =/
Any clarification would be very much appreciated.
id go with the handbook, its reliable and updated yearly while some of the school websites arent

calvintcq

HSC
I'm doing the exact same course as you and i'll be following the MATH1131, PHYS1121, COMP1191 and ENGG1000 route for first sem :D

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
I'd say go get it from school of mech. Handbook is too confusing, and the school actually wrote out the plan structuring specifically which guarantees that the course is offered in the nominated year and semester.

if you use the handbook and work things out yourself, then there is no guarantee that the course you have in mind might be offered in the particular semester, and that might be a pre requisite for something etc. and so you accidently delay your degree if you're careless.

A slight recommendation though: NEVER do engg1000 in 2nd sem (like me), otherwise you'll be stuck with a stack of fobs that can't write english reports.

and for your info, i personally use the plan written by the school =)

"Lee-.-Roy"

HSC
another note, the plan has a particular courses marked down, however theres nothing stopping you from attempting higher courses.

eg. ENGG1811 -> COMP1911 (which is what you've chosen).

xFusion

HSC
I'd say go get it from school of mech. Handbook is too confusing, and the school actually wrote out the plan structuring specifically which guarantees that the course is offered in the nominated year and semester.

if you use the handbook and work things out yourself, then there is no guarantee that the course you have in mind might be offered in the particular semester, and that might be a pre requisite for something etc. and so you accidently delay your degree if you're careless.

A slight recommendation though: NEVER do engg1000 in 2nd sem (like me), otherwise you'll be stuck with a stack of fobs that can't write english reports.

and for your info, i personally use the plan written by the school =)
Hmm so should I ring them up and ask them if the mechatronic/commerce plan is outdated or not? This plan takes ENGG1000 in sem2 lol
So confused :( Why is BEng/BSc updated and BEng/BCom not =.=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)