I wish I knew about... (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Doing a few things for mentoring and just wanted to find out, what were some things that first years, or if you were back in first year, that you wish you knew about?

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
The way that the stupid uni changes timetables TO CREATE clashes, just to piss you off!

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
AsyLum said:
Doing a few things for mentoring and just wanted to find out, what were some things that first years, or if you were back in first year, that you wish you knew about?
That the uni would go out of its way to make my time there a living hell. :santa:

Other than that, that lectures weren't compulsory.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I wish I knew about... O-week parties... not just the information sessions and crap like that..

X

xeuyrawp

poloktim said:
That the uni would go out of its way to make my time there a living hell. :santa:

Other than that, that lectures weren't compulsory.
Definitely. It seems that the admin staff are a combination of lazy, incompetent, and power-mad.

My friend had to change a date on a scholarship form, so we went into the postrad office today. Some admin lady told my friend that it was too much of a hassle to change the date. My friend replied that it was just a matter of changing one number, and that it was straight-forward. The admin lady looked genuinely shocked and corrected -- 'no no, not a hassle for you. A hassle for us.' Of course, the original (incorrect) date was on the form because the very same woman told her to do it that way.

And that's not getting into the uni somehow changing my degrees on me (no bullshit), randomly removing a subject from my transcript (it's still gone...), putting some random unit into my study plan (it's still there...), and insisting that I couldn't do a certain subject (despite being otherwise told by a higher authority...). Everything's either too much work, too hard, or 'not doable, because I can't do it.' :burn:

Monstar

HSC
I was told by the EFS staff i couldnt do any accounting subjects because i dont do bcomm-accounting...(i argued and was right)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)