I want to run a business so what major is good (1 Viewer)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
I wanna do an engineering degree and a commerce degree but i want to make commerce degree helpful for me so that i will be able to make startup company in my engineering field of choice. what commerce major is best for me for starting a business

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to run a business, you don't need a commerce degree.

It's fairly common for people to start up a company only holding a degree in their field.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Really? That seems a bit weird. Like its all so great me coming out with engineering skills, but if I wanted to make an engineering start up company, I would think I wouldnt have the skills for that?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Correct, you don't need a degree to start a business. Many entrepreneurs start a business out of an small idea.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
If you want to run a business, you don't need a commerce degree.

It's fairly common for people to start up a company only holding a degree in their field.
This. A business degree is not required.

Really? That seems a bit weird. Like its all so great me coming out with engineering skills, but if I wanted to make an engineering start up company, I would think I wouldnt have the skills for that?
There are thousands of engineering firms in Australia, most of which were started by an engineer with just an engineering degree.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Oh I didnt realise that. Where then do they get their business understanding from?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Oh I didnt realise that. Where then do they get their business understanding from?
What do you mean? They just start one, it wouldn't be hard to register an ABN, register for GST, download a MS Word invoice template to use etc... then at the end of the financial year pay your accountant 1k or so do all the tax matters etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)