I want to drop a course but the teacher won't let me (1 Viewer)

shunsheng li

HSC
I'm currently in yr12 now,I am doing 12units of subject, in the beginning of the term, I want to drop business studies which will drag me down to 10 units, but the problem is the teacher said no to me,because my maths 2u and maths extension1 are not in a good mark (from the result of yearly), but I dont like business and badly want to drop it, and if I drop it I can have more time focus on maths. The teacher force me to keep it until half yearly,I feel so much angry and don't understand why, I want to ask is that illegal? I thought I am responsible to myself, if I really get a bad mark in maths that's nothing to do with drop course, I know my antar will be dangerous, but I got 1st place in my other subject, I only sucked in maths. Can I make a complaint to the teacher by myself? Cause my parents are in overseas and they don't speak english(but they support me if I'm drop business)

shunsheng li

HSC
Actually not a teacher. She is the deputy principal who manages yr12 in this year

astroman

HSC
Actually not a teacher. She is the deputy principal who manages yr12 in this year
same thing, she can only advise you not force you. talk to her again and say that you want to drop because u can't handle workload and that spending more time on others will boost ur marks, if she still refuses i suggest you talk to the principal or bring ur parents.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently in yr12 now,I am doing 12units of subject, in the beginning of the term, I want to drop business studies which will drag me down to 10 units, but the problem is the teacher said no to me,because my maths 2u and maths extension1 are not in a good mark (from the result of yearly), but I dont like business and badly want to drop it, and if I drop it I can have more time focus on maths. The teacher force me to keep it until half yearly,I feel so much angry and don't understand why, I want to ask is that illegal? I thought I am responsible to myself, if I really get a bad mark in maths that's nothing to do with drop course, I know my antar will be dangerous, but I got 1st place in my other subject, I only sucked in maths. Can I make a complaint to the teacher by myself? Cause my parents are in overseas and they don't speak english(but they support me if I'm drop business)
Public or private school?
If public then its 'illegal' and you can threaten to get BOSTE involved

siggy

HSC
If private school then you may have to speak to the head master/principal.

Edit: Nevermind...OP they definitely can't force you in a public school. Do what Bilt said

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Bruh I was in the exact same situation as you. They forced me to stay until half yearlies so I just did nothing in class, got a few n awards along the way and some teachers were pre mad at me but at the end of the day, none of it even mattered cos I just dropped it anyway lolz

shunsheng li

HSC
Can't wait til that time, cause I have to do maths tutoring, business waste plenty of my time

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Can't wait til that time, cause I have to do maths tutoring, business waste plenty of my time
Cant you work on other subjects during business? If not then just contact bos like other people have already mentioned

turntaker

HSC
do BOSTES have an email

do what the others said first, its best to contact the principal and asking your parents to talk to your deputy or the principal before contacting BOSTES. There will just be too much drama. Leave that for plan B

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
Do not let anyone involve in your decision. It's your choice, just don't gives a shit about what other's thinking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)