I want to do marketing :) (1 Viewer)

tomn8r

HSC
Recent events in my life and my current job in the UK and a couple of good self tests that I have done have made me decided to give Marketing a go at uni next year.

I currently hold a place for next year at UNSW doing a B Media degree. I have a UAI of 87 (from memory).

I want to move to Sydney to do my degree. What is my best option in terms of a great course and employment opportunities upon graduation.

I am also interested in possibly doing a double major, perhaps in international business, event management or something else relevant to gaining a good job in marketing.

Ideally I would like to go into Brand Management.

I don't think my UAI is high enough to get into the best courses, but I would like to hear your suggestions or ideas.

Thanks

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
marketing is so lame, I did a marketing subject last semester, god it was boring. Practically the majority of the stuff is common sense. Guess you really have to give it a shot before you can realise if its for you.

tomn8r

HSC
well first off, it's obvious english is not your first language, so your going to have to do the TOEFL test straight away.

Marketing, and event managment both have great, well defined career outcomes, a course like Bachelor of Media from UWS gives you a huge amount of prestige.
To be honest, if the 'career test' you did said marketing, theres no point in doing international buissness, dont devaite from the test results.
It's obvious my first language isn't English? wtf? It most certainly is. (I'm curious to where that idea came from)

Is it not better to undertake something such as a Bachelor of Commerce at MQ and major in Marketing or perhaps the Business course at UTS? I think my UAI could possibly get me into the non-city campus course.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
It's obvious my first language isn't English? wtf? It most certainly is. (I'm curious to where that idea came from)
He's a troll, ignore what Ayatollah says.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)