I think my subjects suck (1 Viewer)

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
i havent been thinking about scaling at all in year 10 when i was choosing subjects nor in year 11 but now ive gone crazy after I didnt get to do ext2 maths.

Currently Im thinking that i will have to work much more harder than the rest of my year to get something that is considered great since i think my subjects are not worthy for something like a >95 uai.

I do:
MAT EXT
ENG EXT
CHEM
BIO
SOR
PHY

So to sum it up, i think my subjects suck especially since i have bio cause most of the people who do bio in my year are stupid bludgers who dont do their homework

P

pLuvia

Will that be your year 12 subjects?? If so, you have a good chance of obtaining your goal UAI.

My subjects were 40% based on scaling, so that's ok I guess. But your subjects are good in my opinion, but didn't have a "mentor" to "teach" you how to choose your subjects??

But do you like biology? I do it, and I find it really fun and interesting and I do well in it. The only subject I don't like as much is chemistry, it's so dull, probably because I've been put off by the year 11 course :p

But no point crying over your subjects since you can't change, but you must like at least your extension subjects??

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
FroZenWaffleS said:
i havent been thinking about scaling at all in year 10 when i was choosing subjects nor in year 11 but now ive gone crazy after I didnt get to do ext2 maths.

Currently Im thinking that i will have to work much more harder than the rest of my year to get something that is considered great since i think my subjects are not worthy for something like a >95 uai.

I do:
MAT EXT
ENG EXT
CHEM
BIO
SOR
PHY

So to sum it up, i think my subjects suck especially since i have bio cause most of the people who do bio in my year are stupid bludgers who dont do their homework
hmm would u happen to go to TCC in auburn?

Lavenderpup

HSC
haha I asked that before too xD he goes to All Saints Catholic Senior College though.
Very similar assignments... and they both suck =P
The subjects however, seem to be slightly better this year....

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Maths and english X, chem and physics scale quite good the other few not so good. The most important thing in my opinion is what you want to do, disregarding how good the scaling is. Most people do well in the subjects that enjoy or have an interest in rather than doing something that you might detest but scale well. I think your first priority should be what you want to do and then consider the scaling and choose what's most suitable.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Hey frozenwaffles,
i reckon that any uai is achievable with any combination of subjects. Just put your heart into your work, study hard and stay at the top and don't bludge.
Trust me. You could get a 99+ uai if you worked hard regardless of what subjects you do.
I wouldnt do a subject based on scaling.
Even though ext 1 maths scales well (if you do well), i chose it because i like maths and i enjoy it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
You have at least 10 units that scale very well. What are you worried about?
Scaling works really well only if you are a high achiever. If you are really crap at it, you'll be scaled down. If everyone chose subjects that scale well then everybody will end up choosing mx1 or mx2 even if they suck at maths. Those subjects frozenwaffles do scale very well if he gets high marks.

simonnowis

HSC
subs

man wat r u complaing about, u got alright subject. i made the worst decision of my life in yr 10. i didnt even consider anything about the uai scaling, my subs are:
english standard(wtf was i thinking they fucken asked me to do advanced)4/22
maths 2unit 6/16
legal studies(fucken dropped it)
IPT 3/11
Ancient Hist 3/12
Music 2/3

they are my subs and ranking, you think ill be able to get at least an 80+ uai?
im having doubt atm

Riviet

HSC
N/A
simonnowis said:
man wat r u complaing about, u got alright subject. i made the worst decision of my life in yr 10. i didnt even consider anything about the uai scaling, my subs are:
english standard(wtf was i thinking they fucken asked me to do advanced)4/22
maths 2unit 6/16
legal studies(fucken dropped it)
IPT 3/11
Ancient Hist 3/12
Music 2/3

they are my subs and ranking, you think ill be able to get at least an 80+ uai?
im having doubt atm
Yes, anything is possible. Just work hard ALL year and you will easily get 90+, which is my goal. You got some decent ranks there, you could probably work on upping that maths rank but keep working at it, anything is possible!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Lavenderpup said:
haha I asked that before too xD he goes to All Saints Catholic Senior College though.
Very similar assignments... and they both suck =P
The subjects however, seem to be slightly better this year....
haha i jus sed dat kos i remember wen i use to go to TCC, which isnt a bad skewl, dere wus dis dude dat seriously i didnt like and im sure other feel the same, for he seemed a bit strange, which had a email or nik of FroZenWaffles or sumfin lol.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
boredguy said:
in 02, someone managed to get 100UAI with no extentions, and subjects that dont scale too well...
Wow. That is amazing... ^.^

klaw

HSC
FroZenWaffleS said:

I do:
MAT EXT
ENG EXT
CHEM
BIO
SOR
PHY

MAT EXT scales up
ENG EXT scales up
CHEM scales up
SOR scales up
PHY scales up

I don't see anything wrong with scaling

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
haha i jus sed dat kos i remember wen i use to go to TCC, which isnt a bad skewl, dere wus dis dude dat seriously i didnt like and im sure other feel the same, for he seemed a bit strange, which had a email or nik of FroZenWaffles or sumfin lol.
you know who i am????

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
in 02, someone managed to get 100UAI with no extentions, and subjects that dont scale too well...

Wow. That is amazing... ^.^
Not really. No matter what subjects you do, if you do well enough in them, then you can get a UAI of 100. Having subjects that scale well is no prerequisite at all. However, being good at your chosen subjects, be they Drama, Maths, Physics, or Business Studies, definitely is a prerequisite.

In the end, what matters most is good marks. You can't rely on scaling to save you because the amount each subject scales changes each year. Don't pick subjects because they scale well. Pick subjects that you will do your best in, because if you pick a subject you don't like, no amount of work will get you the best UAI. No subject is "not worthy" enough to get you a 100 UAI. It's not the subject that sits the exams and gets the results. It's you. Whatever you pick, make sure YOU can do the very best. Everything else pales in comparison.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)