I think I screwed up.. (2 Viewers)

Assad

HSC
if you think the UCAT or your highschool performance dictates whether you're a good doctor you need a reality check. I think 6 years of med school and the residency after wards is what decides if you're good or not
Tru, but like the UCAT is a very doable exam. if anything it just shows a lack of discipline, as people aren't prepared to put in the hours to get a higher UCAT score. Wouldn't that same work ethic carry over to their university studies?

vishnay

God
HSC
if you think the UCAT or your highschool performance dictates whether you're a good doctor you need a reality check. I think 6 years of med school and the residency after wards is what decides if you're good or not
debatable but i dont wanna start anything

ofc ur experience in med school and afterwards shapes what kind of doctor u become but med is so competitive that city kids feel very disheartened when they dont get in and rural kids do even after they put in the hard work

specificagent1

HSC
Tru, but like the UCAT is a very doable exam. if anything it just shows a lack of discipline, as people aren't prepared to put in the hours to get a higher UCAT score. Wouldn't that same work ethic carry over to their university studies?
so the UCAT is meant to be an innate skills and aptitude test yet you propose that more hours = better results. In the case that this is correct and it probably is, doesnt that just means the UCAT fails to accomplish its purpose?

Assad

HSC

ofc ur experience in med school and afterwards shapes what kind of doctor u become but med is so competitive that city kids feel very disheartened when they dont get in and rural kids do even after they put in the hard work
ngl thats me rn

specificagent1

HSC

Yes sure they get disheartened but then again there is a disparity between rural and city kids and that's undeniable

Assad

HSC
so the UCAT is meant to be an innate skills and aptitude test yet you propose that more hours = better results. In the case that this is correct and it probably is, doesnt that just means the UCAT fails to accomplish do its purpose?
Yea i reckon those innate skills can be improved with more hours. As someone who has studied and sat the UCAT, I can tell you from first hand experience, I was getting like 60th percentile when i first started my preparation, but after 2 or so months, it increased by quite a bit.

specificagent1

HSC
Yea i reckon those innate skills can be improved with more hours. As someone who has studied and sat the UCAT, I can tell you from first hand experience, I was getting like 60th percentile when i first started my preparation, but after 2 or so months, it increased by quite a bit.
but it's meant to be innate...

specificagent1

HSC
Wouldn't that same work ethic carry over to their university studies?
So if the UCAT is testing how many hours you can study or how dedicated you are or your work ethic, what different is it to the HSC then? The 99 ish ATAR med admission is looking for? what difference is the UCAT bringing in the case that you can just study UCAT

Assad

HSC
but it's meant to be innate...
Bruh legit Quantitative reasoning is mental maths. You can improve in maths by just practice. Like ig theres a limit to how much u can go, but learning proper technique you can improve in my opinion. Yea Ik they say innate or whatever, but its not rlly ALL innate lmao.

specificagent1

HSC
Bruh i don't even get that. So people in rural communities just get worse doctors or what? They're legit letting less "smart" students enter into med, producing potentially lower quality doctors in rural areas. Like i guess the rural kids don't have access to the same resources a city student does, but it shouldn't be such a disparity.
Also in saying that i do agree with you that it is bs that you got such high UCAT score and might not make it. But just because rural kids get in less doesnt mean it invalidates or lowers their worth as potentially very good med students. Hate on the process not the people

specificagent1

HSC
Bruh legit Quantitative reasoning is mental maths. You can improve in maths by just practice. Like ig theres a limit to how much u can go, but learning proper technique you can improve in my opinion. Yea Ik they say innate or whatever, but its not rlly ALL innate lmao.
in that case the UCAT is just bs because just study for it like the HSC

Assad

HSC
So if the UCAT is testing how many hours you can study or how dedicated you are or your work ethic, what different is it to the HSC then? The 99 ish ATAR med admission is looking for? what difference is the UCAT bringing in the case that you can just study UCAT
Idk, it tests diff stuff to the HSC. Its like innate but not pure innate, you can defo study for it, with Medify, Medentry, and other practice online exam prep sites, its just a v diff kinda exam, in which it tests skills and qualities that you need to possess to be a good doctor (like pattern recognition skills, etc) - but it can defo be improved, otherwise how do kids go from like a 70th percentile one year, to like a 90th the next?

Assad

HSC
Also in saying that i do agree with you that it is bs that you got such high UCAT score and might not make it. But just because rural kids get in less doesnt mean it invalidates or lowers their worth as potentially very good med students. Hate on the process not the people
alr tru, yea its not the rural kids fault, its the med schools fault lol. Yea UCAT is a very studyable test, esp now with so many resources online that can help u. Just tests diff skills, but still skills u can develop.

specificagent1

HSC
alr tru, yea its not the rural kids fault, its the med schools fault lol. Yea UCAT is a very studyable test, esp now with so many resources online that can help u. Just tests diff skills, but still skills u can develop.
ah damn people can just fake it then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)