I SUCK at creative writing :( (1 Viewer)

744rach29

HSC
As the title suggests i'm quite bad at creative writing. Not only can i never think of a story, but when i actually come up with one i totally screw it up half way through. I'd say almost all of my stories end in someone dying. Its quite depressing really, and not all that original lol.

Anyway why is it that so much of the english course is based on creative writing? I swear a whole paper in the prelim exams are based on creative writing. I dont really know if its like that in the HSC course but either way i probably need help.
If anyone has some ideas on helping me with my writing it would be a great help. Even some general ideas to get me started?

m_ichelle_a

HSC
you dont suck you should just write something that is evoking but at the same time has a twist in it. let your mind be free

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Just create a story that is engaging and has a sustained voice. Then you'll be fine. Don't write about teen angst, pregnancy, deaths etc unless you can do them REALLY REALLY well because they are overdone and have become cliched.

Good luck :)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well the only way to improve is to practice, practice and practice. Do past exams submit them to your teacher for marking then improve them as noted. The only creative writing you have to do in the HSC course is the creative writing story for journeys in AOS paper 1 HSC exam.

With that being said though the only way to improve your English skills is to practice.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Well the only way to improve is to practice, practice and practice. Do past exams submit them to your teacher for marking then improve them as noted. The only creative writing you have to do in the HSC course is the creative writing story for journeys in AOS paper 1 HSC exam.

With that being said though the only way to improve your English skills is to practice.
Amen Brother.

If you think about it, the number of posts on these forums would be cut down DRAMATICALLY if people read previous threads before they post their ownl.

Monstar

HSC
With creative writing, i think of good lines ie good imagery, metaphors and similies and plug it into a story i think up of on the spot .

so far i haven't got below a 10 or 11 in creative writing in both my half yearlies and trial. ps both outta 15.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
The first rule of creative writing is that short stories are about events as opposed to characters and their relationships.

Assuming you get a short story (remember, they can ask for ANY text type!), you can try ignoring this if you're game. It's high risk, but high reward; if you get it right you're bound to get at least a Band 5, but if you mess it up, it's game over.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
and make sure it's "relatable" to the frickin' module, ie JOURNEYS...

-P_D

Kate B

HSC
write about your experiences in life about journeys and so on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)