I really NEed help! (1 Viewer)

kkk

Hey guys~ and gals~
I think I saw very similar story in different thread, but anyways~

I got just below cutoff for B commerce at UNSW and just above B commerce at USYD. (I got 96.25, this is assumption that cutoff for commerce at UNSW will rise to 97 and syd 96)
Many of my friends advice me to go to B eco (cutoff 93) at UNSW then transfer to B commerce at UNSW in 2nd grade, instead of going to B commerce at USYD.

Wut do u guys rekon? I kno there are many debates between SYD Vs NSW
Iam not trying to create another debate, but I just wanna hear some advice~

Thanx in advance~

Generator

HSC
N/A
Whatever you do, I hope that it involves leaving commerce at USyd and UNSW as your first two preferences, or UNSW commerce as your first preference.

I'm basing that on the idea that you want to study commerce, and that economics at UNSW is a 'backdoor' commerce entry path suggested by your friends. As for the UNSW vs USyd debate... Well, you know that that has been covered before :p.

Minai transferred from UNSW economics to commerce (I think), so he should be able to provide more help than I.

edit: There is no harm in leaving a course beyond your uai on your preference list.

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
UNSW's eco and com for 1st yr is doing the same subject, tat s wat i heard from my tutor and neighbour.
BTW, how do the UAC select our preferences? my friend said, if u don't get in ya first pref and ya second pref is from the same uni, UAC will not choose the same uni for u. I'm lost now...LOL

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Which uni would you most like to go to?

If its UNSW, then put B Com 1st and B Eco 2nd.
As someone said, both are exactly the same in 1st year, and if you work hard, it'd be pretty easy to transfer after 1 year.

If you don't mind what uni you go to so long as you're in Commerce straight away, then put either USyd or UNSW B Com 1st

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)