i-Pod Loss (1 Viewer)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
They are, they are. Or mostly it's cos my parents would kick my ass if I ever broke/loose it.

HSC
N/A
funky_a said:
Yeah.. I sympathise with you. If I dropped my iPod and told my parents they would go on and on about me being clumsy (despite the fact it was probably not my fault), and won't buy me a new one, therefore making ME work to get another one. So yeah, I think I will go and buy a ipod skin tomorrow. I still have that sheet of thin plastic on lol
ohh, this wasnt my fault
and it's got an ugly denty thing in/on it
and i havent shown them - i told them i let one of my mates borrow it
but they always go on about how much i break things [and i dont even do it all that often.. and NEVER on purpose] *tears*
i swear - it's so obvious it's been dropped.. hard.. and.. farrout
*sniffle*
stupid commuters who take public transport and bump into others.. with expensive stuff *teary*

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
I think i got a special 40 gigger designed to withstand my clumsiness. I've dropped it down half a flight of stairs (carpeted), dropped it off the side of my bed onto tiles numerous times and dropped it on the bathroom floor where the case cracked open (just a little along the seam) and I just pushed it back together. Then today I dropped it onto concrete outside my school.

After all that, it works like a beauty. And munchkin don't tell them you dropped it, unless there's a huge dent. Just say it stopped working then you don't have to go through the politics of whether it's included in the warranty or not.
wow - you can get them?
i wish i had *cries*

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
my God, these ipod creatures sound delicate!!
Well, they're a portable hard drive. Lots of parts that don't take kindly to being thrown around. It would be the same if you took your hard drive out of your computer and dropped it a few times.

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
I have my moments.
and for that one moment in time.. i respected you
however, the world returned to normal when i realised what it'd mean! =P

ahh - abut the i-Pod.. my mates are gonna chip in and help me get a new one *hopes* but im gonna have to pay em all bak big tym! =S

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
has anyone noticed that the faults of these ipods are always different?

I've heard

itunes not working
itunes hates your ipod so no music happens
itunes hates your computer so it freezes
ipod headphones break
ipod doesn't turn on
ipod fucks over after a few days
batteries don't last
highest volume is the stupidest highest volume ever
ipod's charger shits itself
half of the screen that inky rainbow colour.

that's all i've heard.

yes, when i complain about my ipod, everyone else joins in.

but now i love my ipod :)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
As murf said munchkin.. apple are pretty leaniant on the ipod return policy - they are probally making so much money out of them (I heard they keep 50% of the price and the other 50% is manufacturing costs) that they wouldnt care if they had 1 in 5 people bring theirs back broken!
I have a pouch for mine.. clips onto my belt or the inside of my pocket. I got it from dick smith - its made for the larger model iPods.. but it works alright for the mini as well. Except that the earphones plug hole is in the wrong place for the mini, but its not a major problem!! Just somthing to consider if you wanna keep your next iPod protected. It's got a velcro opening.. and its pretty sturdy.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
you might be able to fix it
if you tell us how exactly it isn't working

does it power up? does the screen light up?//

could just be loose connectors on the inside, could just require a HD replacement

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
my ipod is the best ever
i got a pink mini nearly straight after they were released in australia and it is reallt great
never ever ever ever had problems with it, but never dropped it either
seriously tho, buy a skin or case for it! i got a free wetsuit-material case with it which makes it heaps bulky but then i dont listen to it in public, mainly at work and in my car (thru itrip) and stuff

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
redslert said:
you might be able to fix it
if you tell us how exactly it isn't working

does it power up? does the screen light up?//

could just be loose connectors on the inside, could just require a HD replacement
I wouldnt suggest that - you'll void your warranty .. it would be far easier to take it to the apple shop and get a replacement one!

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- , try to get your warranty and good luck! Hope u feel better! U too Dreamerish, hope u get your phone fixed

Poon-Tang

HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
just need some way to vent

so i was at the station the other day .. when some dickhead just bumped [like ... shoved] into me, causing me to drop my i-Pod [i just got on easter].
I'm in the shit atm - cuz i havent told my parents ... and if they find out - I'm sooo dead. arghh - dont you just hate it when some retarded bastard does that. man, the bum - just walked away fast, didnt apologise or anything. Yeah, well now it's ruined, doesnt work.. and fark. it's scratched like anything...
*tears*

VENT .. VENT .. VENT
let the anger flow​

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

anyhow - what should i do? .. any ideas?
Thats an interesting story because a few days ago i walked into some bloke at the train station purposly to try and get him to drop his ipod on the tracks, but alas, it only hit the ground. Man it was annoying

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
if it is an april fools then it was pretty crap and lame asking for help as a joke?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Murf said:
posted: 31st March 2005, 10:53 PM

at least they could post it on actually the first of april
i think your forum clock is out of wack

on my machine it's "1st April 2005, 08:53 AM"
i set it to +10GMT

sladehk

le random
HSC
But the forum clock is only off by like 5 minutes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)