i need rope (1 Viewer)

7th Sign

HSC
looking for same materials lol

wish i just got 90 in stead of 89 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in IT

Kyroth***

HSC
Maths is looking good, and be happy with bio too. English don't worry about, no one ever does good in that. Music, unless you were expecting a band 6, be happy with. It's only just not a band 5. Blame it on stupid examiners or nerves, if you want. And PD, I guess you just studied the wrong stuff. No matter. It'll be okay.

If you're really worried about uni, I have three pieces of consolation:
1. Sometimes uni's take ppl who they like, even though they don't get a high enough uai. One guy I know did really poorly mostly, and got about 60-70. But he was really good at maths, and even though he didn't have the 95+ uai he needed, he got into his maths course.
2. There are 1000's of back doors. Go to the uni forum here, or ring the uni's, or see an adviser. You'll be able to find a backdoor, even if it means waiting a year.
3. In the end, Canberra is a really nice place, and the uni is heaps heaps good. It's much nicer looking than any other city I've ever seen. :p

danieljarvis

HSC
ahh your a good egg kyroth. i just hoped for more, nevermind.

spose canberra cant be all bad. have a few friends at the uni there.

thanks buddy

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i wish i was going to canberra :/

IcEy

HSC
ANU is like one of the best unis in australia. I'd go there, except its in canberra...

dorothygale

HSC
hey, as my english teacher said to me the other day: "if you don't get straight into the uni you want, there's 2nd round, then there's 3rd round, and then you go to the uni and you find the right people to hassle and you don't leave until you find out exactly what you have to do to apply again."

Kyroth***

HSC
IcEy said:
ANU is like one of the best unis in australia. I'd go there, except its in canberra...
I'm oppisite, Canberra is the place I want to go most. I'm a rural girl, so my thing is "I'd go to __________ but it's in Sydney". Sydney is too big for me!!!! And when ANU is so good, why bother? :)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Hey hey!! don't be like that! you worked for your marks, so be proud of it. I'm not exactly thriled with mine (or rather.. the opposite)... but it's all good.

but hey! your marks are really good. Honest!

HSC
i was an '03er, and none of my closest friends got the marks they needed for the courses they wanted, yet all of them are either at macquarie, uts etc - some got there by applying for special consideration, one got there by writing some bullshit letter not citing special circumstances but just crapping on about how much she'd learned over the year and how much she wanted to do the course, and others got into macquarie by doing a couple of non-award subjects first semester, pulling a credit average and transferring in second semester - and that's just direct experience from people i know - not to mention transfers, mature age applicants (which can be quite young) etc. there are HEAPS of ways to get into the uni u want doing the course u want if u don't get the uai u were after

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)