I need help =]=] (1 Viewer)

HSC
Okay.

The scenario: (If I stay at current school)

I've elected to do a TVET course at Ultimo which runs from 1:30-5:30 Tuesday.
Now the school accomoadates TVET by placing the Tuesday afternoon period
vacant. BUT, it would take me about 45minutes from school to Tafe so that would mean I would have to leave school at 12:40. Now, if I do that, I miss out on 25mins of 3rd period (3nd period is from 11:35-1:10).

So can the school stop me from doing the TVET course because I would be missing out on 25mins of period 3?

And does anybody have the email for the period I can send this off to for the BOS? I can only find the customer service one.

Thank you !

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I don't think the school can 'stop' you from doing the TVET course, only discourage you from doing it? I used to have to miss a period every thursday from my year 9 engineering course because I had a scheduled medical appointment on that day every week, I'm sure if you caught up all the work they'd be ok.

rolror88

HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
Okay.

The scenario: (If I stay at current school)
Didn't you say you were going to the Con? Or you haven't decided yet?

HSC
rolror88 said:
Didn't you say you were going to the Con? Or you haven't decided yet?
yeah..so if i did stay at my current school..so thats why i said scenario :p

TBK11

HSC
hmm well the for my course i told my careers advisor that i wanted to go to Ultimo Tafe so i can head to work after on tuesday but then she said ull miss out on Period 3 2mins hear 10mins there blah blah,

anywho they are against it cause although u can catch up on the work they dont reccommend it for me i would lose 30mins in period 3 and they say its too much so my teacher advises me to stay near bye -.-,

off topic a lil but at my school they jus advise you to either find a closer TAFE or dont do the course if u miss too much class time

HSC
so they didnt mention anything about "we forbid you" or anything along the lines of that ?

Lukybear

HSC
Dont you have to complete a certain number of hours (no idea how many) before they allow your school certification? This is important, say if you miss 25min * 40 then are you still allowed to get your school certification?

HSC
Lukybear said:
Dont you have to complete a certain number of hours (no idea how many) before they allow your school certification? This is important, say if you miss 25min * 40 then are you still allowed to get your school certification?
you mean year 11

HSC
k..and i just read that there arent any specified amount of hours i have to do for prelim so 25mins shouldnt be a problem

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Lol, it should be fine, heaps of people in my year missed out on class because they had to leave for TAFE, it's just your responsibility to catch up on missed work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)