• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need help.. (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Hey I jst finished HSC today and Im wondering if u's could give me advice on wat course would fit me.

I am pretty good in maths, but I did not do 4unit. I do not like writing essays but for some reason I'm pretty good at them. I like science, e.g. bio. Overall I like maths.

Any ideas? thanks !

Generator

HSC
N/A
jannny said:
Hey I jst finished HSC today and Im wondering if u's could give me advice on wat course would fit me.

I am pretty good in maths, but I did not do 4unit. I do not like writing essays but for some reason I'm pretty good at them. I like science, e.g. bio. Overall I like maths.

Any ideas? thanks !
Bachelor of Science, either as a stand-alone degree or as a part of a combined/double programme (e.g., Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering, etc.).

Last edited:

jannny

HSC
lol arts -.-

Bachelor of science sounds good. Wat kind of jobs will that land me?

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
jannny said:
You used a variant of the word 'youse'. In addition you put an apostrophe there which severely degrades the aesthetic appeal of the word. Furthermore, you shortened it to the popular variant 'u'.

Therefore, whatever course you choose, UWS is the right institution for you.

cowfer

HSC
bringbackshred said:
You used a variant of the word 'youse'. In addition you put an apostrophe there which severely degrades the aesthetic appeal of the word. Furthermore, you shortened it to the popular variant 'u'.

lol, your funny

morganforrest

HSC
bringbackshred said:

Bachelor of Phayl at UWS??

Season

HSC
bachelor of science definitely, you can do a major in math and bio if you like, as for jobs- you've got quite a range.

teaching, research, working with animals/people, communications ie journalism etc. You'll also have your hands at growing fields like enviromental issues namely climate change etc.

also if you're after money if you do anything to do with "nuclear" you'll be guaranteed a nice large salary. Our physics class went to the nuclear reactor antso and he said a few years out with a masters or two you could easily earn 100 G because of the shortage due to some stupid governmental decisions.

science sounds like a good degree for you, and lucky you the cut off is pretty low.

jannny

HSC
bringbackshred said:

lol, na no way im going to ur dream uni.

B science hmm. thanks! for advices

RTTTYTR

HSC
bringbackshred said:

You claim that 'youse' is improper English; however, according to Kel Richards it once was the accepted plural for 'you'. However, it has been relegated to association with insufficient education.

http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/txt/s1624061.htm

I would concur with your assertion that the use of ‘u’ in place of the proper ‘you’ can be perceived as bestowing a lower linguistic prowess. However, one should consider the medium that is used in the communication process to ascertain whether the alternative spelling is an appropriate substitute. As this is an internet forum, it could be argued that the use of internet speak is acceptable.

As for your, critique on the quality of UWS as an institution, I question the basis of your argument. Whilst it is true that UWS has a lower UAI entry requirement that does not automatically, imply that the entire cohort is of inferior intellectual capacity. You appear to be making the fundamental flaw of ignoring externalities.

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Yeah BSc is a good choice, but if you are good at essay writing it may be an idea to consider the BSc/BA...im currently doing the science/arts double degree and it is pretty interesting, an upside to doing a double degree is that your not stuck doing all science subjects which breaks it up. As for your question about where a BSc can take you, the answer really depends on your major. But as there are many to choose from it can be anywhere from research to teaching etc. Good luck with your decision!

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
You might also want to consider Information Technology as its a fun and exciting degree....

donnytuco

tuco
HSC
RTTTYTR said:
As for your, critique on the quality of UWS as an institution, I question the basis of your argument. Whilst it is true that UWS has a lower UAI entry requirement that does not automatically, imply that the entire cohort is of inferior intellectual capacity. You appear to be making the fundamental flaw of ignoring externalities.
QFT.

Yet, an extremely large number of people seem to think otherwise.

RTTTYTR

HSC
donnytuco said:
QFT.

Yet, an extremely large number of people seem to think otherwise.
Ever heard of a concept known as conventional wisdom? Galbraith did not mean it as a complement

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)