I need help with relating this cartoon with physical journeys (1 Viewer)

currysauce

Actuary in the making
HSC
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/gri0175l.jpg

i need a total of three techniques the composer uses to convey ideas about physical journeys

now i have only 1 i can think of

- symbolism, of the tracks/paths on this table (as the many paths of life)

i know there are more, but can' pick the word to describe the technique, ( i know one has to do with journeys being hard to plan or something

any 2 other techniques or your opinion would be greatly appreciated!

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
first viewing

I'm doing physical journys as well...
I've only just seen this text
Take into account not only the picture and it's meaning... but the relavence of the words "We're planning our journey."
The arrows around the map show where they are intending to endure their physical journey as well as the path they intend to endure throught. They have also drawn in what looks like the elements which they will endure along the way. Showing how it is also going to physically impact on their journey. The derailed trail and shuvells pushing things on the road also show how they are planning the journey. They are physically going to move from one place to another and the final destination of destinations around the globe will shape the way they understand the particular place.... the things they face and ways they can out do these.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
ok since its a visual text you need visual techs

1. symbolism- the tracks to depict the physical, literal journey
2. visual metaphor- with the shovels higlighting the unforseen adversities the travellers will face even though their journey is 'planned' this shows how a physical journey can take into the 'unknown'
3. textual technique- the phrase 'we're just planning our journey' shows the typical measures all travellers ensurse when they are about to undertake a physical journey so its shows the practicality of a physical journey
4. Exaggeration- as the enitre rail map or plan is unrealistic with its panaramic view and the fact that people are actually shovelling this 'plan' shows how travellers try to be unrealistic when planning thier journey but this is hindered by the journey's unpredictability.
5. Stereotypes- as the train tracks are typically crisscrossed and interconnected with many other tracks- this depicts the literal, physical choices travellers must make on a journey and the metaphorical journey of life where a traveller's life is full of many cross sections and have to make choices and any one choice can result in anything undesirable (such as the de railed track)

Sammie Bee

HSC
More help please...

Hey guys, your responses to currygurl were great...i was just wondering if you could help me also.I have chosen to do the same cartoon as it is a GREAT text to do for physical journeys i think, i was wondering if you could help me pick out some more language features and what you think the text is conveying about physical journeys...any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, i have to compare it with a text from the stimulus booklet, any suggestions as to which text and reason why would be great. Thankyou in advance... :D

jimmywimmy

HSC
for anyone else using this as a related text for journeys, the composer of this text is Grizelda

floe

HSC
jimmywimmy said:
for anyone else using this as a related text for journeys, the composer of this text is Grizelda
by any chance do u know wat year it is and his/her last name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)