i need help with analysing some scenes in the film "the power of one" (1 Viewer)

Johanna zizi

HSC
N/A
my topic sentence is "people experience not belonging to experience the fullness of belonging"
I want to analyse a scene from the film "the power of one". Maria talking with her father when they were having dinner.
if you go on the website viooz you can search for the film and the scene that i am talking about is starts from the minute 95:42 to 99:52. i want to talk about the techniques used. and also about her finding belonging in the other group when her father said hash words to her.

Johanna zizi

HSC
N/A
p.s sorry if this is the wrong place to post, i wasn't sure where to post it.

ivorybranches

HSC
Oh, I studied this film last year, but I'm a bit confused as to what you're asking. Are you having trouble thinking of techniques or?
I remember talking about the symbolism of the rain (a new beginning), the lack of lighting, the fact that her dress was blue symbolizing innocence and other points. Also close up shots to show facial expressions and how the camera is positioned so we see the table from Maria's position. It was a really good movie, though I was surprised that Maria wasn't in the original book.

Johanna zizi

HSC
N/A
yes that's exactly what i need help with:smile:. I have to write an essay about people experiencing the fullness of belonging after being disconnected from their own group. I am thinking to write about maria but i don't have any analysed film techniques, Please help me my assessment if due the day after and i haven't start writing my essay. i am more than happy if you can give me some notes on the film techniques for that movie.
thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)