'I like you' (1 Viewer)

intodisco

HSC
Well here is a common situation. You’re an honest guy, who’s open for a relationship.
You’re new to a school and within 2 weeks of settling in, a girl comes over to you and says, ‘I like you’. You have never talked to this girl before, and know nothing about her.
She has pretty good looks, but not overly attractive.
What is your initial reaction? How should you answer them if you-
a) Think they are worth a chance
b) Don’t think their your type
Also, there is always the chance that this is a prank/joke. How do you deal about this without making yourself look like a fool or desperate?

mes ami

HSC
eh id just go out with her and see if shes crap. its only a practical joke situation if theres something noticably wrong with you and everything seems so so suss.

intodisco

HSC
I was referring more to the reaction just after the moment when she says, 'I like you'.
What is the best way to answer it?
Do you just say something like 'OK, cool. Do you want my number?'
Is this the best way to respond? Even then, what do you do straight after that? Do you just walk away, or do you keep talking?
And what if she doesn't seem like your type? (within 5seconds of meeting her you decide shes not for you)
How do you answer them then?

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
She's not your type? How do you know? You don't even really know her yet..

Don't say "do you want my number?" if you want her to think you are sincere.
Saying that makes her think you want her to chase you and you are only giving your number because you think she likes you and because you think "why not tap on that ass? It's free anyway."

You should try to know each other first. Find casual ways to talk to her rather than "yo, do you have facebook?" Do not rush.
looks/ethnicity?

intodisco

HSC
She's not your type? How do you know? You don't even really know her yet..

Don't say "do you want my number?" if you want her to think you are sincere.
Saying that makes her think you want her to chase you and you are only giving your number because you think she likes you and because you think "why not tap on that ass? It's free anyway."

You should try to know each other first. Find casual ways to talk to her rather than "yo, do you have facebook?" Do not rush.
You can judge alot of a person within the first 5 seconds of talking with them. Just say shes has an high pitched voice, or an accent, or seems really overconfident etc.
Any suggestions of what to say?
Examples would be much appreciated, thanks :)

alax dillon

HSC
Analysis:

1) Nice font. It shows you are sensitive enough to change your font to "Verdana" so we know you are serious and not trolling.

2) Bolding "initial reaction" emphasizes that you are not really sexually attracted to her (yet), as your initial reaction should have been : having a boner which would distract you enough that you forget to bold the two words.

3) You call this a "common situation", which means that you are a modest man. Your acknowledgement of the "prank/joke" possibility shows that you are modest too.

4) You care about looking like a fool --- she's not the one.
latvia you are very intuitive. i only picked up on the first and third points. repped.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I would say something like... 'Oh, cool....' then get to know them. Play a bit of hard ball. If she seems clingy, then maybe there's something. If she doesnt seem to care, then it's probably a dumb joke or she was just feeling a bit randy that day.

intodisco

HSC
Ok, well i guess i have a couple of options to say, if i want to hook up with her.
Which would be the better choice?
1- "Cool. How about we have a coffee together so I can get to know you."
2- "Cool. Would you like my number so we can organise a date sometime."
3- "Cool. Well, to be honest, I hardly know you. Tell me something about yourself."
4- "Cool." (walk away nervously)
5- Something else

Btw, is saying "Cool..." the best thing to say?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)