I have no idea what I am doing. (1 Viewer)

HSC
I am completely stuck for ideas in art.

I'm thinking about doing a mix media work, but I don't know what concept to do.

I got a few ideas but they aren't really going anywhere.

Ideas so far:

*War and its effect on the environment. b/w imagery from WWI and WWII, mostly dead trees and barren landscapes.

*A visual representation of a certain type of music (maybe Radiohead, my fav band), perhaps an artwork for each song on an album

*Having a foetus in the centre of the work and having all sorts of images of destruction and chaos around it. Its sorta about how the world is shielded from us when we're young.

I know I should've thought about this stuff ages ago and finalised what I'm supposed to be doing by now, but I was just plain lazy and so now I'm on a msg board trying to get help. Quite pathetic huh?

So any help, suggestions or ideas?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hello. how ya doin?

no offence but like isn't it like kinda late thinking of ideas now? like our major works are sort of due in like just over six bloody weeks! my art class had to finalise our ideas last year term 4!

anway if you're seriously stuck u prolly should do something quick, like something you're good at, don't bother experimenting with other materials. like that idea about radiohead songs is reall good, i sorta was thinking about doing that, photographing songs which i was in love with and like making it all arty-farty and stuff.

anyway good look,
jian

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
hello. how ya doin?

no offence but like isn't it like kinda late thinking of ideas now? like our major works are sort of due in like just over six bloody weeks! my art class had to finalise our ideas last year term 4!

anway if you're seriously stuck u prolly should do something quick, like something you're good at, don't bother experimenting with other materials. like that idea about radiohead songs is reall good, i sorta was thinking about doing that, photographing songs which i was in love with and like making it all arty-farty and stuff.

anyway good look,
jian
thanx for the help. I realise just how stupid I am.

Maybe I shouldn't have wasted all that time in art bludging.

btw what are you doing for the major work?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i just re-read my msg and realised it was kind of rude, sorry, i wasn't being bitchy or anything, i was just reall surprised cos our art teacher is like organised like hell and so she basically made us finalise our idea months ago. and although most of us are barely half-way finished, we have like such a concrete idea its not funny.

me, im doing like a modern re-interpretation of the seven deadly sins, all to do with like photography and a bit of digital media. and im covering it with like tons of writing using white-out, on top of the photograp[hs. something like that. except i have fully lost motivation and i really dont give a shit about my major worlk anymore, so my meaning is fully down the shit-hole now.

HSC
i just re-read my msg and realised it was kind of rude, sorry, i wasn't being bitchy or anything, i was just reall surprised cos our art teacher is like organised like hell and so she basically made us finalise our idea months ago. and although most of us are barely half-way finished, we have like such a concrete idea its not funny.

me, im doing like a modern re-interpretation of the seven deadly sins, all to do with like photography and a bit of digital media. and im covering it with like tons of writing using white-out, on top of the photograp[hs. something like that. except i have fully lost motivation and i really dont give a shit about my major worlk anymore, so my meaning is fully down the shit-hole now.
Nah offence taken, I didn't really notice a bitchy tone or anything.

I really like your idea, I'm sure you've probably watched the movie Se7en for reference or as an influence.

I think I'm gonna do that Radiohead idea, where I make an artwork for each song. Sorta like a personal interpretation.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeh actually i watched seven heaps of times, the DVD has all these really funky photographs of the deadly sins which the photographer chick manipulated, but i'd never be able to do that.

what medium are u gonna use?

i am pissing myself now cos i did so little in the holidays,and have two major works to complete and 5 trials to sit for. what about u, are you kinda rooted as well/

HSC
yeh actually i watched seven heaps of times, the DVD has all these really funky photographs of the deadly sins which the photographer chick manipulated, but i'd never be able to do that.

what medium are u gonna use?

i am pissing myself now cos i did so little in the holidays,and have two major works to complete and 5 trials to sit for. what about u, are you kinda rooted as well/
I'm the same position as you :) I did practically nothing on the holidays, except decide that I'm definitely gonna do the Radiohead album idea.

I'm probably gonna do mixed media, in particular soft pastels, charcoal, ink, arcylic paint. One of the pieces is gonna be in CGI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)