i have a question about transferring... (1 Viewer)

yosemite sam

HSC
ok. so if a person was to start off in one degree, say a bachelor of fine arts, and just wants to do it to gain some experience in art, but doesnt really see art as something they want to do in the long term, aside from wasting other peoples time and resources, would they be able to change to another degree, say a bachelor of psychology after their first or second year, even if the uai they got in the first plave wasnt high enough? thanks.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If you do well enough in your first year subjects, then yes. I've seen no indication that the degree you do prior to your new preference (in this case, fine arts going onto psychology) would make any difference to the entrance calculations.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yes
heaps of people change their mind mid way through the year about which courses they wanna take instead of their current one.
i dont think its wasting any peoples time...might be wasting yours since it is your tertiary education in the end, but they wont penalise you for that.

if your UAI wasnt high enough, which is the case with most transfers, then work your butt off in your first year then transfer at the end of the year, where its usually 50% of your UAI and 50% of your tertiary results, plus some optional considerations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)