i hate stupid lines! (1 Viewer)

narrator

HSC
N/A
flicking through channels last night, i happened to catch the end of the show Deal or No Deal. I have already made my dislike of this show apparant in other threads, mainly due to the really bad one liners the host comes up with.

last night, however, took first place on my honour roll of stupid lines.

ah hem, and i quote, "Well be back in a fortnight. That's two weeks."

i would just like to thank the host for clarifying what a fortnight was. Oh and the next line was even better, "Can you wait that long?"

hmm, that's a tough call, i think i may just manage.

anyone else find some really bad line from a show?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
channel 10 news. all their stories seem to have corny puns.

MUS2

yes stupid lines are quite stupid
i like your owl
it must be expensive

well der its fake asshole

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Ugh. Just the title is stupid enough.

One of the 'finest' sources for horrible lines on television are rugby league commentators. In the few occasions I've chanced to hear their 'conversation', I've managed to hear some travesties of the English language.

It's either try or no try.

And a 'dialogue' about one of the commentators 'losing their mojo' that I'm still yet to recover from. Damn family members turning it on in the background.

Although it's not a tv show, the film Pearl Harbour has some really idiotic lines too..

I guess World War II just started! :chainsaw:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Deal or no Deal is one of those game shows that has an interesting premise that gets really old and tired quickly. It'll probably go the way of The Weakest Link eventually. People get sick of it.

That being said, i don't like it.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by MUS2
yes stupid lines are quite stupid
that being one of them... lol.... obviously.... stupid lines are stupid hence they wouldnt be classified as stupid

narrator

HSC
N/A
i also like soccer comentators with lines like, "soccer is a team sport."

they actually get paid for this!!!

and with big brother, the funniest line had to have been, "and the winner is...", yeah, like there could be anyone, contestant or viewer, who wins out of that, if anything the line should've been "and the least loser is..."

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by narrator
i also like soccer comentators with lines like, "soccer is a team sport."

they actually get paid for this!!!

and with big brother, the funniest line had to have been, "and the winner is...", yeah, like there could be anyone, contestant or viewer, who wins out of that, if anything the line should've been "and the least loser is..."
Almost as funny as the extremely overt product placement in that very sequence. *Flashes sign in centre of frame for five minutes*
Unfortunately, this was playing in the background, but it appeared to encapsulate the show as a whole.

narrator

HSC
N/A
did anyone see the panel the other week, George dubya not knowing which hand was his left and his right - idiot!

he must be terminated...immediatly...ha,ha,ha...arnie is back and in charge....ha,ha,ha

chris42

HSC
How does who wants to be a millionare rate up in the programs, better than Deal or no deal ?

narrator

HSC
N/A
Deal or No Deal v Millionare:

Millionare is much better, although, oh wait, i'd comment further but it's time for a break.

in fact, the next 'break' i wanna hear about is the channel 9 execs' legs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)