i hate question 10's (1 Viewer)

grimreaper

HSC
Managore said:
"The average number of students getting a full 12/12 for question 10 is 4. Out of every single student sitting the exam, a number which must be in the thousands, usually only around 4 individuals will achieve full marks."

I must be one of those 4 then.. I got 12/12 in the trials, as did at least 2 others in my class.. wow what a neat class I must have.

"Every year, only around 5% of candidates get any marks at all for question 10. Meaning 95% of 2u maths students receive a 0/12!"

Once again, our class saw at least 70% get at least 1 mark for that section. I think your statistics are a little off..
Yes but that was your TRIAL. usually the last questions in hsc exams are harder than the last questions in trial exams

SxC

HSC
i hope nobody does better markz for me but yeah i think its very unlikely that only 5% get any markz where i got 7 and im not that good

Managore

HSC
"Yes but that was your TRIAL. usually the last questions in hsc exams are harder than the last questions in trial exams"

I just did the entire 1999 exam as practice.. I got 112ish, cause of some silly mistakes. I got full marks in parts 8, 9 and 10.

Managore

HSC
There are people that get 98% in extension 1 exams too, which are a LOT harder than 2 unit exams. The stats are incredibly BS, at least 50% would get 1 mark or more in question 10. At least 5% would get FULL MARKS in that seciton.

Brad

Not everyone is a genius as you obviously think you are.... some, nay, a lot of people wouldnt even attempt it.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Managore said:
"The average number of students getting a full 12/12 for question 10 is 4. Out of every single student sitting the exam, a number which must be in the thousands, usually only around 4 individuals will achieve full marks."

I must be one of those 4 then.. I got 12/12 in the trials, as did at least 2 others in my class.. wow what a neat class I must have.

"Every year, only around 5% of candidates get any marks at all for question 10. Meaning 95% of 2u maths students receive a 0/12!"

Once again, our class saw at least 70% get at least 1 mark for that section. I think your statistics are a little off..
If you did the CSSA trial, then I don't think that counts. The Q10 from the CSSA trial wasn't "up to the standard" of most HSC Q10s.

DeadFish

~ ReNcH ~ said:
If you did the CSSA trial, then I don't think that counts. The Q10 from the CSSA trial wasn't "up to the standard" of most HSC Q10s.

very few trial exams have q10's that 'up to standard' of HSC q10s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)