• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I hate my job and need to vent. (1 Viewer)

wanderlust

HSC
I am a superviser at a Woolies, a really small one so it's only got like seven registers. Anyway, all the other part time supervisers quit (i would too but i need the money) so i am working WAAAY too much and there is no other staff anyway. I'm got this dumbshit boss at the frontend who is forced to work nights except weekends and mondays which i work. She is like to me 'now i realise we need three people on until nine o clock (when we shut)' but then she turns around and on my shift (tonight) i was left with one other person until nine from 6. So we had people everywhere complaining at me, no bags, no staff, mess everywhere which i will get yelled at for not cleaning up, and i nearly burst into tears. All the bosses are dumbshits who think they know what to do at the frontend but have never worked there so have no idea. I was on the phone, and this lady needed a refund, fair enough. But at the same time i was putting something through the computer, the lines were huge and one of the bosses justs yells at me from across the store to do something. I wanted to shoot her. woolworths is fucked up, i hate it so much.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
woolies is yea, fucked up
but u r so nice tho. u actualli cares, woolies dont deserve u man
my supervisor let the place b messy or let us do all the works, and she flirts wif the nitefill or the security guy
dont let them put u down like that =\
heaps of jobs out there for good workers like ur =P

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
wanderlust said:
I am a superviser at a Woolies, a really small one so it's only got like seven registers. Anyway, all the other part time supervisers quit (i would too but i need the money) so i am working WAAAY too much and there is no other staff anyway. I'm got this dumbshit boss at the frontend who is forced to work nights except weekends and mondays which i work. She is like to me 'now i realise we need three people on until nine o clock (when we shut)' but then she turns around and on my shift (tonight) i was left with one other person until nine from 6. So we had people everywhere complaining at me, no bags, no staff, mess everywhere which i will get yelled at for not cleaning up, and i nearly burst into tears. All the bosses are dumbshits who think they know what to do at the frontend but have never worked there so have no idea. I was on the phone, and this lady needed a refund, fair enough. But at the same time i was putting something through the computer, the lines were huge and one of the bosses justs yells at me from across the store to do something. I wanted to shoot her. woolworths is fucked up, i hate it so much.
Erm?
I hate to burst your bubble but you're working in an average, everyday supermarket. These sorts of things happen in every supermarket, in every company (Not just Woolworths Ltd.), every day.

wanderlust

HSC
hehe thanks mitsui!

And yeah i know it's bad at most supermarkets, but i never said it wasn't, i just needed to vent.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
np. =P hope u go well in both job and hsc. XD
frankly, if u r havin fun at a supermarket, then u r either very lukcy or simply a bludger too. =\
i cant stand my co-workers..ARGH

P

pLuvia

Yes I know what you mean when the f**ked up managers shout out you about big lines. You can't do crap and you are trying your hardest to "get rid of them", but they just keep swarming in :) Just ignore those f**kers~ :p

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
kadlil said:
Yes I know what you mean when the f**ked up managers shout out you about big lines. You can't do crap and you are trying your hardest to "get rid of them", but they just keep swarming in :) Just ignore those f**kers~ :p
I agree.
And just think, one day your managers will be charged for stealing (because they have a pokie addiction down at the RSL) and terminated from the biggest company in Australia. Then they'll have nowhere to go and be fucked for all of those people they upset and fucked around in their job.

Trust me, mine did.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
I can really sympathise.
Im a supervisor at woolworths and I was asked to work as a supervisor in a small store to do the close because they are really short on staff. Anyway, I get there at 3:30 and the 2 supervisors on are like, ok we're going seeya and I'm like wtf I dont know this store and they are like.. you'll be fine. Due to the lack of staff I was the only one on express and it came to a point where I had like 2 customers needing refunds (which I cant do on my own register) as well as like 3 others standing at smokeshop.. then 4 people waiting at express.. and this other lady not knowing how to do a wish gift card.. then everyone like got angry at me but they should have had more freaking staff! Grrrrr

P

pLuvia

Well, you can't do anything about it. Just let them wait, if the customers are nice they can understand the stress you're in, if they start shouting at you just take it all in, rather just pretend to be paying attention.

Or better yet, just tell them its busy and go talk to the manager lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)