I hate my course? (1 Viewer)

snow_fanatzi

HSC
for people who think that uni is not for them i suggest them to get out before its too late. you dont want to waste your time and money doing something you feel like it is not for you. there are other ways to study, either through tafe, distance learning, work experience, trade.

i am also doing my bachelor of arts/primary teaching and do wonder why we must do the 3 years art course before able to do the teaching course. but what i find out is that the bachelor of arts also help you furthur your study. it lets you do a language course which can help you if you want to teach oversea, or psychology if you want to be a psychologist/counselling in school. so you must think why you are doing that and see how these subjects are helping you in the future. i know that uws have a different approach in their method of teaching but in a way it also give you an advantage if in like 2 years you dont want to do teaching but would like to do something else in your fourth year.

but it is also just the first week of uni so you cant expect it to be all fun. give it a few more weeks and see if this is not the thing for you. get out before it is too late. after all you dont want to be stuck in a place where you see no benefit in it.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ Within the BA (Pathways to Primary/Secondary teaching), you do undertake an education major in the first 3 years of your degree as well as your arts major, before undertaking an accelerated 12 month masters program. I suggest you familarise yourself with your course structure: Course

To the OP, I suggest you drop out before census date (so it doesn't cost you anything!) and take your time to consider your options. If you wish to go into a B Education, perhaps you could apply for mid year or next year.

I do not recommend studying by distance unless you're very motivated. It is a LOT more difficult than face to face. I have done it and did not like it.

daniel4592

HSC
Can you please tell me what you didnt like about it, because I am really considering all my options at the moment.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I found it was very difficult because there's no one in person to be able to motivate you. I'd only get occasional phone calls from teachers every 2 months or if I had to call with a problem. I find that I'm more willing to commit to something if there's a social aspect to it (hence why I exercise with friends, and my home gym is covered in dust). It's only my personal experience though, others I know have found distance ed has worked for them.

As for your other question, you'd need to get more accurate advice from the admissions department at UTS or Open university, as to what advanced standing would be given and what is taken into account for admission (GPA, ATAR, or both)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)