i hate BOW (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
I think you've gotten to the stage where you're just going to have to go with your best idea and do the BEST you can.

There's no point procrastinating in picking an idea, you'll just end up with this awesome idea at the end, but the way you execute it will suck.

Good luck anyway.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
HERES AN IDEA TO SAVE URE ASS

make a piece of working which is about "why should do i even need an idea for my BOW? why cant it just be visually stunning? why cant i just make it random to express anger through its shapes and colours? why cant i just not give a damn about the marks?"

thatll get into art express owww yeah
and put that actual quote in near the bottom, no1s done something so direct yet judges will be like "wow this persons crazy"

zaqwerty

HSC
cbadvanced said:
HERES AN IDEA TO SAVE URE ASS

make a piece of working which is about "why should do i even need an idea for my BOW? why cant it just be visually stunning? why cant i just make it random to express anger through its shapes and colours? why cant i just not give a damn about the marks?"

thatll get into art express owww yeah
and put that actual quote in near the bottom, no1s done something so direct yet judges will be like "wow this persons crazy"
I swear I've seen a few like that before...? Ones outside of Art Express...

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
my idea is similar to what other guys have posted already, but what about "manifestation of stress?" in form of collection of works or digital media of some sort? (or film, etc etc to record your action/artwork/etc etc) like, how stress can be manifested in bizzare ways (e.g. dysfunctional body, insomnia, bipolar, eating disorder, etc etc..but be careful not to make your work like "emo"...)
i think your concept doesnt have to be THAT strong if you have skills and are gifted in your selected art form...i heard that there are artistic merits to those works when they are getting marked (my teacher told me this about artistic merit thing)
even if the concept of your work is simple, if it shows technical sophistication and artistic talents, it should still be able to get high mark (cuz those works generally gives a lot of connotations)
anyhow, good luck.

petraawad

HSC
first thing my teacher told us this year:
dont waste time trying to think of an overly deep 'original' (im a postmodernist at heart) concept because your going to end up with a good idea and bad execution.
p.s. the artexpress selection process is a sham so dont stress about trying to get in. most of the work is shithouse anyway

biggie walls

HSC
yeah just start with a simple idea and explore it... 99% of the time your final concept will have differed somewhat from what you started with at the beginning of the year...

and yeah I know its hard to understand but you really shouldnt give a fuck about getting into (or even visiting) the AGNSW its where art goes to die...

petraawad

HSC
haha i agree. art express is nothing more than bureaucracy in the art sphere. only certain schools get selected from the shortlist and curators choose artworks based on their concept for that year not on the merit of the actual work

luisalow1

HSC
biggie walls said:
yeah just start with a simple idea and explore it... 99% of the time your final concept will have differed somewhat from what you started with at the beginning of the year...

and yeah I know its hard to understand but you really shouldnt give a fuck about getting into (or even visiting) the AGNSW its where art goes to die...

finally someone that agrees with me on the fact that agnsw is a pile of shit... and that school "visual arts" is pretty baaaaaaaaaadddd.

oh well.

Oxytocin

HSC
D= Wow...I didn't think I'd ever find people sensible enough to realise that Art Express is the biggest pile of crap this side of the planet.

But if you're bent on getting into Art Express, just do what I did for my concept (because everything in there is concept based...probably something to do with showing the turmoil that is the teenage life in modern society *rolls eyes*)
just come up with one of those lame concepts about individuals or society, pretend you're passionate about it, and rip off some post-modern/modern artist's style...or better yet adapt their piece and replace parts with your own ideas *cough Sydney Cityrail Map thingie in Art Express 2005 cough*
And THAT is the key to getting into Art Express.

But seriously...if you don't have a concept yet...don't waste time over it, just pick something you're passionate about, and get into it.

Last edited:

zaqwerty

HSC
In the end it's just best to pick something that's going to get you good marks.

Because, you know, that's what art is all about *rolls eyes*.

zaqwerty

HSC
a-m-e-e-e said:
I can't choose a concept for my BOW either. I'm just glad to hear that I'm not the last one to pick something.
I thought it was like an unspoken rule that you would have had to have started by now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)