I got 30 or below UAI. (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pinknails500 said:
I just wanted to say that although i did not get 30 or below in fact i did quite well, You guys are heroes for starting this discussion
Because im already sick to fucking death of hearing those smarmy ass kids who did well post their UAI's up thinking their all superior. Fuck u guys were all the class clowns and plastic mean girls who rocked up to class and made the day, if it wasnt for you guys HSC year would have been a HELL of alot fucking easier, but without the fun and amusement, and for that I THANK YOU
BEST WISHES FOR THE FUTURE
UAI is not the end, although in your case you guys cant even get into western sydney but no affence its a shit uni so you wouldnt wanna go their anyway, just reapply as mature age when ur 21 and seriously no 1 gives a shit about the UAI by next week anyway
Why do you have something against people who do well? The students who have achieved high marks, have in NO WAY, attacked those who didn't do as well.

I seriously doubt that you "did well" when you can't even spell offence. Also, how would you know if UWS is a shit uni without having attended it yourself? You're judging it by its reputation alone.

Idiot.

To all the '07 kiddies who didn't do as well as they had hoped, be strong and happy :D. This is only one tiny chapter of your life and you can be whatever you want to be. Your uai is not an indication of how intelligent you are so fuck it. Look to the future, be happy and live life! :D

KaLibuR

HSC
Hell, 67 would have been just enough to get what I needed! Can you do your profession at any uni with that mark?

I couldn't find anything except Art or similar at La Trobe for my mark. Tho with a 67 you can do heaps, but most of it dosent matter if its not your passion.

EDIT: True, your UAI is how well you did in subject you may not have enjoyed, and worse still, how you faired against all the kids who did the HSC in that subject, and happened to like it or did well in all their subjects.

I know I'm intelligent in computers (and I believe with that, you should also have good grammar, though I don't always represent it, nor does my 69 in English haha), and yet I'm labeled with a UAI of 50. Thinking about it, its going to be easy from here. You study what you want to study, and not what your passion is plus a few other random subjects.

Lift your head, do what is necessary to get into UNI a bit later and get a profession in what you like.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
KaLibuR said:
Hell, 67 would have been just enough to get what I needed! Can you do your profession at any uni with that mark?

I couldn't find anything except Art or similar at La Trobe for my mark. Tho with a 67 you can do heaps, but most of it dosent matter if its not your passion.
UWS has a few new courses, which require a minimum of 60. :)

Kalibur - My brother recieved an ultra shit uai,

- Went to Tafe
- Transferred into uni
- Finished uni at the same time as he would've if he had gone to uni straight from school
- Has been working full time at a multinational company.
- Earns $70, 000 +

And you know what?

He went to UWS. :D

It's not the end of the world. All the best to you and everyone else. :D

shona1990

HSC
KaLibuR said:

TBH, I'd love to study law. Was hoping to get into an arts or socio-legal studies (84.75) at USYD (as 99.55 was out of the question). Might apply later on as a mature age student. The only degree I could get into which I would be remotely interested is a B Science at UWS. Maybe then transfer to USYD/UTS. My sort of back-up was a forensic science course at UTS, which was around 71 from memory... Which I wouldn't get into, with that UAI.

pinknails500

HSC
oh whatever Tanjin dont hate!

Go get off to your poster of The Lord of the Rings cast or whoever it is you nerds get off too, seriously!

I just state it how it is and clearly you cant handle it

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
shona1990 said:
TBH, I'd love to study law. Was hoping to get into an arts or socio-legal studies (84.75) at USYD (as 99.55 was out of the question). Might apply later on as a mature age student. The only degree I could get into which I would be remotely interested is a B Science at UWS. Maybe then transfer to USYD/UTS. My sort of back-up was a forensic science course at UTS, which was around 71 from memory... Which I wouldn't get into, with that UAI.
UTS has the bonus points scheme. Check the uts site out, im sure you'll recieve some points for forensic science, as long as your results fall in the right bands. :)

lol. Pinknails500, you really are a sad case. You're posts have no logic behind it. You just rant. You're an idiot.

starrysky

HSC
pinknails500 said:
oh whatever Tanjin dont hate!

Go get off to your poster of The Lord of the Rings cast or whoever it is you nerds get off too, seriously!

I just state it how it is and clearly you cant handle it
And purple pigs wearing tutus and lip gloss just flew over our heads. Oh, and Jamie Lynn Spears grew a penis because of her pregnancy.

Please, if you want to try and stereotype (don't know why you would), at least do it correctly.

pinknails500

HSC
Thats your opinion, But if im a sad case I can always become a happy case, but your situation thats far worse.
I dont even have to see a picture of you to know that your Dowdy. One of those girls who prematurely shops at Post Pregnancy fashion outlets like Noni B.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pinknails500 said:
Thats your opinion, But if im a sad case I can always become a happy case, but your situation thats far worse.
I dont even have to see a picture of you to know that your Dowdy. One of those girls who prematurely shops at Post Pregnancy fashion outlets like Noni B.
You seem to know more about it yourself :)

lol. idiot.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I think the important thing to understand here is that if you want to go to university, you need to accept the worse than expected UAI's. You're not alone, and there is a way to get you to university and ultimately into the course you want. Its up to you guys though, nobody is going to do it for you.

Every university has more than one alternative entry scheme, with at least one scheme from each uni not taking UAI into consideration at all.

It is a hard blow when something like this goes against you. If you really want to achieve, take a breath, calm down and reassess your current situation with respects to entry to university. There are ways.

I didnt get into my course through admission straight after year 12, and saw it as an opportunity to better my situation. I now attend university studying a double degree, with a Distinction average, and I am fresh and focused with more than enough cash to support myself so I dont need to work and have loads of time to spare as a result (opposed to some who attend uni straight after HSC and need to work 20+ hours to support themselves).

So yes, congratulations to all those who did well. To those who are disappointed, guys take a breath, calm down and reassess things in a week or so. If you have the will, there is definately a way.

Last edited:

starrysky

HSC
pinknails500 said:
OMG.

Your post totally brought the lulz for everyone.

Please, continue. I need the laughs.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
blue_chameleon said:
I think the important thing to understand here is that if you want to go to university, you need to accept the worse than expected UAI's. You're not alone, and there is a way to get you to university and ultimately into the course you want. Its up to you guys though, nobody is going to do it for you.

Every university has more than one alternative entry scheme, with at least one not even taking UAI into consideration.

It is a hard blow when something like this goes against you. If you really want to achieve, take a breath, calm down and reassess your current situation with respects to entry to university. There are ways.

I didnt get into my course through admission straight after year 12, and saw it as an opportunity to better my situation. I now attend university studying a double degree, with a Distinction average, and I am fresh and focused with enough cash to support myself so I dont need to work and still have a great social life (this is even excluding the Centrelink I receive from working after my HSC).

So yes, congratulations to all those who did well. To those who are disappointed, guys take a breath, calm down and reassess things in a week or so. If you have the will, there is definately a way.
What he said! :D

Cheer up guys!!

starrysky

HSC
blue_chameleon said:

Every university has more than one alternative entry scheme, with at least one scheme from each uni not taking UAI into consideration at all.

I didnt get into my course through admission straight after year 12, and saw it as an opportunity to better my situation. I now attend university studying a double degree, with a Distinction average, and I am fresh and focused with enough cash to support myself so I dont need to work and still have a great social life (this is even excluding the Centrelink I receive from working after my HSC).

HEAR HEAR!

HSC
bringbackshred said:
To the OP: You're my hero. I genuinely feel sorry that someone like you who can work really hard can get <30 and someone like me can bludge and get what I did (significantly higher). I hope everything works out for you and I hope this doesn't adversely affect you.

Wrong.
chillaxor i was just joking around...-.-;;

mable

HSC
blue_chameleon said:

I didnt get into my course through admission straight after year 12, and saw it as an opportunity to better my situation. I now attend university studying a double degree, with a Distinction average, and I am fresh and focused with more than enough cash to support myself so I dont need to work and have loads of time to spare as a result (opposed to some who attend uni straight after HSC and need to work 20+ hours to support themselves).

It's all been said before but it is so very very very very very true. The UAI is one number and people take it way out of context. It should not and does not define who you are and how smart you truly are. It sucks right now especially when people talk about how brilliantly they went and how easily they can now get into uni but like someone said before people, employers, who ever are going to be much more impressed by someone who's had life experience, has worked, has more than just one uni degree or has seen the world and knows what goes on it. I think it shows real dedication when people re-do the HSC, go to tafe then uni, enter as a mature age student because these people know what they want and have willingly worked their asses off to get it.

There is so muchmore to life than the education we receive in institutions because what's more worthwhile is what you learn yourself just by living and how you manage to overcome things like this and become just as great as the guy who got 99.99, or in fact greater.

enough of my ranting...Good luck everyone

lindulgence

HSC
KaLibuR said:
English Standard 69 (Band 3)
Information Processess & Tech 76 (Band 4)
General Mathematics 74 (Band 4)
Senior Science 76 (Band 4)
Information Tech (TVET) 72 (Band 4)

UAI: 50.55

I was extatic when I read my results on the Wednesday. I would never in my wildest dreams predict such a low UAI.

EDIT: lindulgence, what do you plan on doing now with your UAI being as low as it is?
umm i not quite sure theres onli tafe left i guess how abt u??
i was like oh my bands arent that bad and all then opend it up this mornin and have been cryin since like 10ish wen friends took me out to cheer me up *sighs*
Life goes on i guess, like my frineds say to cheer me up its just a number it doesnt define u as a person

Kerosanak

HSC
i got mid 30's for my UAI i have one regret lol

do not under any circumstances smart smoking weed inbetween year 11 and 12 haha

nah fuck that it was fun lol

who needs uni ill get be a job at the council with my daddy haha

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Kerosanak said:
...nah fuck that it was fun lol. who needs uni...
Take it or leave it but... its a known fact that those in the workforce that have completed university study lead happier and more fulfilling lives with a greater sense of accomplishment than those who haven't.

Just throwing it out there.

GMK

HSC
The UAI for this year seems to really have screwed up. One of my friends got a band six, and then the rest in 4, and he managed to get a 60% UAI.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
p4e81 said:
dont u get into the all rounders only if all ur subs r in the 90s? that 79 isnt gonna reach 90 if it got added 10 to.........
Yeah well all rounders are if you get AT LEAST 10 units 90+.. not all your units

Assuming you can read the amount of marks he posted you would see he does 12 units

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)