I feel so down (1 Viewer)

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
*smile* It's probably more due to the fact that I'm a try-hard... than any real skill. I s'pose I am lucky, I can go toe-to-toe with some of the people that do play soccer outside school (but then they respect a nerd playing soccer :D).

A lot of us latched onto soccer at school after the world cup. And one thing led to another... and here I am. :)
However, we normally play 'the cage' in the tennis courts.

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by luigi_000
i know this is kinda off topic, but now the HSC has finished, it feels like school has really finished. and its sad... i miss it, and i dont know what to do with myself...
I know exactly how you feel!

After my last exam, I had a mixture of both excitement and depression. I was thrilled that I was free to do whatever I wanted, but depressed because I had no idea what I wanted to do.

It's kinda depressing to know that your future lies in the hands of someone else, if you know what I mean :)

:insight

Well i predicted what you guys are lamenting now is EXACTLY how i would feel if i didnt give the HSC a good stab.. so i studied my arse off for a month leading up to it and during. And i can tell you the feeling is overated. While sure i'd be sad if i was like you guys and felt i hadnt given it my best shot, but dont worry too much.. the grass is ALWAYS greener and there's nothing you cant do if you put your mind to it. A bit of comittment, discipline and you simply HAVE to ENJOY what you strive for or the motivation just isnt there. Thats why the HSC is so hard for you guys (and me!) because our future careers that we really want to do hinge on an exam that is so terribly hard to be motivated to do.

Heads up.

i would never do it again,, it was the most disgusting feeling i rekon.. i dont know i felt very stressed, trapped and i thank god its alll over.. i really studied buit i dont feel too confident :(

Anton

HSC
I'd be worried if I did put my heart and soul in to the HSC. The HSC is ultimately just a fairly questionable representation of your ability to work hard in subjects that largely don't interest you. Why should you put your heart in to such a superficial goal? Uh, you shouldn't. Sure, it's important, and so there's something to be said for putting a lot of effort in...but again, why should you?

It's not life or death. When you're 40, or even 20 probably, it will mean nothing. It's not a definition of your life. These are all obvious and cliched points but they're true nonetheless. Life's about fun, especially at our age, and finding satisfaction. And you'd be hard pressed to find true satisfaction from studying for the HSC.

I'm sure everyone is capable of doing well, regardless of your 'natural intellectual ability' (whatever that means). I'm sure I could've gotten a UAI of 99 if I was motivated, but instead I chose to put my 'heart and soul' in to learning about the history of Australian independent music, learning guitar and piano and bass, recording songs, relaxing in cafes and bars, going to parties and having a good time. And I reckon my 'heart and soul' is a lot more fulfilled than someone who's going to get a higher UAI than me but had a boring and overly stressful year. But then, that person with 99 probably disagrees.

Anyway, rock on and have a good 4 months break!

Anton

Ozz^E

Originally posted by luigi_000
yeah i feel down too.. i didn't think i would....

i know this is kinda off topic, but now the HSC has finished, it feels like school has really finished. and its sad... i miss it, and i dont know what to do with myself...

plus i didnt put enough effort into the HSC.
U miss school now?Wait till uni starts. They do sa that school-time is one of life's most enjoyable periods.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think im having study withdrawal symptoms...
I look at all my books/notes, and its as if, I jus have to study..coz thats all ive been doing for the past 2 months of my life
ah I'll get over it soon though :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)