I feel happy (an inspired story involving the resurrection of my major work) (1 Viewer)

fakingtheday

HSC
Context:
My major work as most of you know is a guitar. Sure you say, real innovative Jim. Well that's what my teacher said too. So in order to incorporate innovation i conceieved the idea of this "Digital Top". Now for those of you who don't know, a top does precisesly as the name suggests and sits on the top of the guitar. Follow link for picture of a typical timber flamed top:
http://flametop.wusik.com/users/flametop/LP58RI.jpg
Here's the trick. I used a computer and Adobe Photoshop CS, the best damn graphics program around (shamless plug) and created a collage of pictures of my guitar mentor Eric Clapton. I had this printed by a place in Dubbo and it was good.

The Problem:
When i glued it on, i was very careless, it tore and rippled and looked on the whole like a piece of shit, see picture attacthed, however it looked much much much worse in person. I was so angry but there was nothing i could do. Or so i thought.

The Solution:
A friend of mine who lives in SYdney decided to drive home for something to do. He crashed at my place, and when he saw it, was, and i can unequivocally say completely mortified. So after the ensuing argument and in a burst of spontanuity (is that a word?) we sanded it back, printed a new top that was higher quality than the professional one anyway and as of right now it is down the back shed, glued and sprayed and looking 10000000000000000000000% on what it did.

The hitch:
I have to finish by Friday!

Thought i'd share that with you guys. GOod luck.

chamelia

HSC
Oooh, not so good photo quality but your guitar looks awesome! I really love that pink writing (but i think thats jst cos its my fav colour) but you should get marks for a creative solution to a problem.

niteshade1312

HSC
that looks great! You should deifnately be proud of it. When i actually get the hinges in mine and finally get the stuff printed, then i may share a pic of mine with you all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)