i dont understand the preselection letter!!! (1 Viewer)

take a seat

can someone please explain to me what they understand of the statement of intent, in the letter.
its confused me..
do you answer the questions separate to the statement, or are they part of it??and what are the word limits applying to? there are two different ones.
is it 100 words for each question or for all questions in total..?, and then 50 words for statement??

please help! i gotta do it soon!

ta!

DC10

Hi there,

same thing happens here.... i reckon these letters are typed up in a hurry... they seem to contradict each other.... one says that it has to be sent by Friday, on another page it says next week ... :eek:
... think this says a lot about the art ppl who are marking our works :D

anyhow.... yeah maybe 50 words will do..... but if it's only 50 words, why did they provide all those lines for writing? :mad1:

they shouldve done a much better job!

NeverSummer

It sounded to me like you answer the 4 questions separately in under 100 words (which is really difficult). But i think what they want is to just write a little statement incorporating the answers under 100 words.

Im confused too...does anyone know what they want for sure?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I have no idea what they want for sure... but I guess it doesn't really matter since it says that they can edit it any way they want to in any case...

I wrote a statement of intent, answering all those questions, in approximately 90 words. It was hard, and it only makes sense in the abstract sense of the word. :D

What really threw me off, was that part saying to answer in up to 100 words, and then right next to "Statement of Intent" it has something like, 'no more than 50 words'. I was like: wtf? So I just wrote it in ~100 words.

Edit: No kidding they were written in a hurry. 2 out of the 3 people at my school had the titles of their works screwed up. Then again, vaguely understandable if they're just calling the names out...

Last edited:

tro

i just wrote one at 99 words! hahaha

Its definatly 100...50 is like 1 sentence and a bit..i remember reading the statements this year and they were definatly about 100

DC10

you can still do a condensed one at 50 words like i did :) still incorporates lots of info.. its just compressing the words down , but keeping the meaning in with adjectives :D

artish people - make mistakes like this that make ppl's lives miserable LOL - they shouldve clearly stated... not 50 words and then 100 words... (all in one page too!):eek: :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)