I dont know if i should stay in a uts residence. Help me :( (1 Viewer)

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
hey oh lovely smart bos people.
i need your help. big time. i got a call off the housing ppl this arvo and they offered me a 5-share place at Bulga Ngurra (The one in ultimo)... and i was kinda cut coz i had Gumal Ngurang (the pretty white one on broadway) as my first pref and Bulga as well, my last.
SO
can anyone who lives there/knows someone who lives there tell me if its good or not?? coz im really scared about accepting it coz i dont know anything about it coz im from the north coast and i dont want to get locked into living somewhere i hate for a year.
help??
:uhoh:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
They were renovating Bulga when I left Sydney to come over the UK, but basically Bulga is similar to Gumal anyway except not as new. The rooms and flats are a bit bigger there I think, there is a common area downstairs and also a bbq area. It's pretty close to uni still, it only takes a minute to get to Bulga from Gumal.

Where are you going to live instead of housing? If I were you I would rather take a guaranteed spot in housing than risk trying to find a sharehouse with strangers... the people you end up with could be crazy in a random sharehouses, at least if something goes wrong at housing there is somewhere to complain. Also you will be hard pressed to find anything else so close to university. 5 is a pretty good number of people to share with really as well. I lived in Gumal, but I knew people that lived in Bulga and they were as happy as the Gumal folk. Plus in uni housing they try and organize stuff at the start of the year so you get to know people etc.

If you are worried is it possible to sign a 6 month contract? Ask them about it. Have you seen Bulga? Maybe you need to take a trip down and check it out. I would seriously consider taking the offer, because that way you have somewhere guaranteed to live... I had friends who came in the first year and were looking for a good place for ages. One friend went through 3 sharehouses in the first 3 months because the other tenants were slightly crazy or rude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)