i dont get it.... (1 Viewer)

It

HSC
i am talking to this guy from uni on msn at the moment and i really dont understand why he is doing law. he just asked me what the difference is between someone being charged with an offence and being sued by someone.

he doesnt even friggin know if murder is criminal or civil.......................ARGH

it shits me up the wall how people chose to do law because they think people and their families will be impressed by it when they have no interest in it.

am i expecting to much of a first year student like myself to know the difference between being charged and being sued?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
It said:
am i expecting to much of a first year student like myself to know the difference between being charged and being sued?
No :\ ..........

santaslayer

HSC
It said:
i am talking to this guy from uni on msn at the moment and i really dont understand why he is doing law. he just asked me what the difference is between someone being charged with an offence and being sued by someone.

he doesnt even friggin know if murder is criminal or civil.......................ARGH

it shits me up the wall how people chose to do law because they think people and their families will be impressed by it when they have no interest in it.

Well people who are REALLY interested in doing Law should make the effort to get the required marks in order to get in. People who whinge about others who did it for the money/prestige/whateva just makes themselves sound bitter. (I do note that you do law @ Victoria Uni).

People do certain things because they CAN and you can't change that. I don't wanna work at all, but I need to earn a living. Passion does not normally put food on the table. You may be lucky enough to do so. So what?

Your friend is a bludger if he doesn't know shit all yet. :p

BillytheFIsh

HSC
santaslayer said:
(I do note that you do law @ Victoria Uni)
Now now, no need to be harsh. Not all people have a natural attraction to sandstone.

In response to the original poster:

Trust me, it doesn't get any better. I'm sure you thinking to yourself now "It's ok... the deadbeats will dropout by the end of the year." But not all of them do.

You'll get to 3rd year and 4th year and think "How are these people still here? Oh well... they won't end up practicing."

But the reality is that they do! You simply wouldn't believe the number of incompetent people practicing law. I sure can't.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
2015 is just around the corner!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC

Vic uni has a nice big building.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
What does QUT look like. I've never seen piccies of the campus.

From what I know it is the 2nd choice law school behind the g8 UQ law school?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
BillytheFIsh said:
Ahh.. but it's not the size of the building that counts... it's how you use it?

No... that's not the saying is it...

ah the phalic overtones!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
BillytheFIsh said:
QUT has lots of concrete. That's about it really.

Although it is next to the botanical gardens which is great for skipping lectures and going for a sleep in if you've had a big night the night before.

UQ is harder to get into you're right. I was considering going there but ended up at QUT for a variety of reasons.

EDIT: Wow... this is interesting how, according to the board you're replying to my posts before I post them.

I know I know. The forum is in a bit of a time warp.

BillytheFIsh

HSC
erawamai said:
What does QUT look like. I've never seen piccies of the campus.

From what I know it is the 2nd choice law school behind the g8 UQ law school?
QUT has lots of concrete. That's about it really.

Although it is next to the botanical gardens which is great for skipping lectures and going for a sleep in if you've had a big night the night before.

UQ is harder to get into you're right. I was considering going there but ended up at QUT for a variety of reasons.

EDIT: Wow... this is interesting how, according to the board you're replying to my posts before I post them.

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
BillytheFIsh said:
Now now, no need to be harsh. Not all people have a natural attraction to sandstone.
No No.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a prick. :p

I inserted that because I was commenting about how people whinge about not getting into law because someone (who doesn't like law) got in instead. It was used to acknowledge the fact that she had ALREADY got into law.

ME said:
Well people who are REALLY interested in doing Law should make the effort to get the required marks in order to get in. People who whinge about others who did it for the money/prestige/whateva just makes themselves sound bitter. (I do note that you do law @ Victoria Uni).

EDIT: Vic Building looks pretty stunning.

UNSW is getting old. It doesn't matter how they use it, it doesn't work as well as it used to.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
For the truely phalic overtones, Canberra is the place to be. You're never far away from the flashing Telstra Tower or quivering parliament flag.

It

HSC
that pic posted of VU isnt of the law school, its of another of the city campuses. The actual law school is much nicer than that in real life.... heres a pic

http://www.businessandlaw.vu.edu.au/law/school_localities.asp

its the old building at the top. (i dont know how to post a pic)

just a side note, im not bitter or anything, he actually asnwerd the "why are u doing law?" question with "because i want money and cos it looks good".

^^^^ and that is not an exaggeration of his answer... i remember it cos i was so shocked i actually heard it come from his mouth.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
It said:
just a side note, im not bitter or anything, he actually asnwerd the "why are u doing law?" question with "because i want money and cos it looks good".

haha money....

It

HSC
i agree, the prospect of one day being able to make a good earning is PART of the attraction to law but i still have always had an interest in doing it and learning about it. this guy keeps saying "i dont even like this shit, i like maths and science" and i go to him... "so go do a science degree" but then it always comes back to he wants to stay in law because it looks 'better' to people than something like science.

i dunno its so shit to me. y do people waste their time with this course if they have no interest?

wtf... these posts are all out of order...

BillytheFIsh

HSC
It said:

^^^^ and that is not an exaggeration of his answer... i remember it cos i was so shocked i actually heard it come from his mouth.

But comon... let's be realistic, money isn't the only reason, but I think I speak for more than myself when i say I wouldn't be doing law if the pay maxxed out at $50k like a teacher's.

capa

HSC
To be honest, it does seem like a dumb question. Maybe he was just trying to have a laugh or something.

How are you enjoying your time at Vic Uni?

It

HSC
nah its no joke... he really doesnt understand it. i think hes deaf or something... whenever in a lecture or something, the lectuerer says something he only pics up a few words and then draws some weird conclusion about what they are saying that either is completely wrong or is just stupid.

dont get me wrong, i dont claim to be a genius or anything, it just seems silly that he wouldnt know this stuff.

anyway....

i like vic uni. i love the campus and love being in the city. i also really enjoy how its small and pretty much everyone in our year knows everyone. i find some of the staff to be really helpful and friendly and great, whilst there are others just manage to infuriate me with their presence.

i cant really compare the place to anywhere else as its my first year of uni, but all in all its not toooooooo bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)