I didn't get a coop scholarship (1 Viewer)

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
Thank you for your recent application to the UNSW Co-op Program and/or the Faculty of Engineering Rural Program. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview in the programs you nominated.
During October the academic staff have been carefully assessing all the applications submitted. We have been impressed with the quality and enthusiasm of the applicants, and we encourage you to enrol in a UNSW degree program. It will not surprise you to learn that almost 900 students have applied for scholarships within the UNSW Co-op Program (totalling over 2200 preferences); while 55 students applied for the Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship (totalling over 160 preferences) - so competition has been strong.
We particularly hope that you will enrol at UNSW in your chosen degree. The fact that so many high achieving students have applied for the Co-op Program and Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship Program, which is so strongly supported by leading employers, indicates just how bright the future is for those studying at UNSW and later as graduates in their fields.
Other scholarship opportunities may be available to you throughout your study at UNSW, so we would encourage you to search & apply for available opportunities through the UNSW Scholarships website.

Yours sincerely

Trinah De Leon
Scholar & Schools Administration Officer
UNSW Co-op program
i got this. Im annoyed that i spent a week on the application... and that i couldn't beat 50 kids... wow. i don't know how many places they offer in engineering but if it's higher than 10 im suprised im not in top 20 percent for my application, because i put alot of effort in it.

owellnot that pissed, more angry i don't know why i didn't get it, was it my responses or my ranks? i guess school's over so i got to get used to not recieving feedback.
it's embarrassing for me cos my sister is a coop scholar and i didn't even get an interview. owell less pressure to get 96 which i wasn't gonna get. only need 91 to get in my engineering course.

sry for spelling im on phone. anyone else got it or not?

dramaticmuse

HSC
I got the same response. I'm so bummed :( What's your predicted ATAR score? Do you know what the criteria for selection was?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
"while 55 students applied for the Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship"

I am surprised that the number of applicants is so low.

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
"while 55 students applied for the Faculty of Engineering Rural Scholarship"

I am surprised that the number of applicants is so low.

Oh lol that cheers me up I thought 55 applied for coop. I guess the coop one would be higher since enginerring is their main thing.

captainplanet7

HSC
N/A
I got the same response. I'm so bummed :( What's your predicted ATAR score? Do you know what the criteria for selection was?
My predicted score at school was 80-85 lol. Looking back I don't know I applied my sister had an Prediction of 97.

The criteria was 96 no bonus points for all courses. And of course passing interview.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Oh lol that cheers me up I thought 55 applied for coop. I guess the coop one would be higher since enginerring is their main thing.
The email you supplied said over 900 applied for co-op...

bladeys

HSC
N/A
Yea it says in the email over 900 applied for engineering coop, dont feel too bad that you missed out. There are still opportunities to join once you have started uni

is a roflcopter
HSC
wtf nigga why is this surprising? - your estimate is 80-85 and the requirement was 96.

dramaticmuse

HSC
My predicted score at school was 80-85 lol. Looking back I don't know I applied my sister had an Prediction of 97.

The criteria was 96 no bonus points for all courses. And of course passing interview.
Don't take offense, but if your scores are 10points below requirement, at least you can understand why they didn't offer you an interview. I got an IB equivalent of a 99.65 and I still lack closure/understanding as to why they didn't even offer me an interview :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)