I beat you all. (1 Viewer)

adambra

HSC
Alright, had the FUCK enough of reading these stupid threads. First poster, congrats on your trip I hope you have the time of your life. But your title and your initial post insinuated that Schoolies is second to an overseas trip. It isn't. Going to Schoolies has merit, just as not going to Schoolies does. It's personal preference. Not everyone can afford an overseas trip? Schoolies is a celebration as a collective senior group. Travelling can be done later in life, perhaps when you are mature enough to not argue on an internet forum? YOU'RE NOT fucking sophisticated if you travel Europe playing chess in the park and drinking wine under the stars. YOU'RE NOT an alcoholic, sex-crazed drug-addict if you go to Schoolies. I don't want to name names, but they're are tools on both sides of this argument. As for those correcting grammar? GET A FUCKING LIFE.

Last edited:

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Good - because if you are going to argue the thread will be closed. Arguing obviously isn't getting either of you anywhere.

tempco

HSC
i'd take antarctica over schoolies any day. i mean, seriously, how often do you get the chance to travel to antarctica, as opposed to byron bay or brisbane or whatever?

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
7th Sign said:
No I am speaking for normal people on this site, normal people on this site been a pretty much rare thing and I don’t think you fit under this category...
i would have 2 agree with u that i hate threads that bag out skoolies, if u dont liek skoolies we dont care... but this thread is about goin overseas instead of skoolies. my mate was goin 2 go overseas 2, because he had 2 make the choice between skoolkies and overseas. but we ened up convincing his parents. have fun in anartica, god i dont know wot ur gunna do there thou, not much 2 see... lol :D

adambra

HSC
tempco said:
i'd take antarctica over schoolies any day. i mean, seriously, how often do you get the chance to travel to antarctica, as opposed to byron bay or brisbane or whatever?
Schoolies isn't about the destination. How often do you get to celebrate the end of your secondary schooling with all your mates and the rest of the country? Antarctica will be there when you get back, most of it anyway. If you don't like the idea of schoolies, then DON'T go, but don't give me bullshit about how your experience will be so much better.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
adambra said:
Schoolies isn't about the destination. How often do you get to celebrate the end of your secondary schooling with all your mates and the rest of the country? Antarctica will be there when you get back, most of it anyway.
Isn't it the other way around? You can go party with your mates any time, ok, not any time, but the opportunity of going to Antarctica is almost once-in-a-lifetime.

Besides, who cares about the rest of the country? :rolleyes: You don't know them.

adambra

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
Isn't it the other way around? You can go party with your mates any time, ok, not any time, but the opportunity of going to Antarctica is almost once-in-a-lifetime.

Besides, who cares about the rest of the country? :rolleyes: You don't know them.
Look there will never be a feeling like the feeling after HSC. Why is travelling to Antarctica a once in a lifetime opportunity? What would prevent you? Money? If you can afford it now at 17 or 18 years of age, I think you're financially set.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
adambra said:
Look there will never be a feeling like the feeling after HSC. Why is travelling to Antarctica a once in a lifetime opportunity? What would prevent you? Money? If you can afford it now at 17 or 18 years of age, I think you're financially set.
After the HSC you have the least responsibilities. Later on, you might not be able to leave the country during your holidays, depending on your occupation.

Of course, people who plan on travelling overseas don't necessarily leave the day after their exams. There's always time to celebrate with friends before they depart.

tempco

HSC
adambra said:
Schoolies isn't about the destination. How often do you get to celebrate the end of your secondary schooling with all your mates and the rest of the country? Antarctica will be there when you get back, most of it anyway. If you don't like the idea of schoolies, then DON'T go, but don't give me bullshit about how your experience will be so much better.
well, take your own advice - you make it sound like the end of high school is such a HUGE event. it's not.

life goes on, and i still meet up with high school friends for an outing or two. big deal.

adambra

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
After the HSC you have the least responsibilities. Later on, you might not be able to leave the country during your holidays, depending on your occupation.

Of course, people who plan on travelling overseas don't necessarily leave the day after their exams. There's always time to celebrate with friends before they depart.
Fair enough.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
adambra said:
Look there will never be a feeling like the feeling after HSC.

it was good at the time but when i got to uni it was like 'OH FUCK I HAVE THE HSC TIMES TWENTY FOR FOUR MORE YEARS!!"

so i reckon after my degree, I'll have that feeling times twenty, so it'd be even better.

I'd also like to think that I will have a better feeling when I get proposed to by someone I'm in love with

or when I pay off my final mortgage of a damn sexy house

or when I give birth to whatever child I have after carrying it for nine months.

End of the HSC is a good milestone, but there are other ways to celebrate it. yes maybe she shouldn't have compared, but schoolies was not the only way to celebrate the end.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
adambra said:
Look there will never be a feeling like the feeling after HSC.
How about you wait til you've actually:

1) finished your HSC
2) experienced some more life

before you make those sort of judgement calls

she's_beck

HSC
i am going overseas to California with a few friends the day after my last exam - drama
The timing and destination was my dream! :D I am definately one of those ppl that gets excited over lil things so u can imagine how excited I am about this AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)